Between 1920 and 1955, university life in the Northeast was constituted by the operation of Faculties, Careers and Institutes created by and subordinate to the National Universities of the Litoral and Tucumán.
Among the Faculties that made up, the UNL was the Faculty of Agriculture, Livestock, and Related Industries based in the city of Corrientes. There, as an initiative of a group of professors and in response to the needs of the environment, the National Institute of Teachers arose, whose operation was authorized by the Rectorate of the National University of the Litoral on June 6, 1951.
On April 30, 1951, Resolution No. 262 was issued at the Universidad Nacional del Litoral, which authorized the Faculty of Economic, Commercial and Political Sciences to create in the city of Resistencia a first-year division of the Public Accountant and Expert degree program. Splitter. It arose in response to the request that the Governor of the National Territory of Chaco - following the concern of the then Director of the National School of Commerce of Resistencia - raised to the Ministry of Education of the Nation.
The School of Medicine was created in Corrientes, on March 5, 1953, by Resolution No. 79 of the Rectorate of the National University of the Litoral, ad referendum of the University Council, which confirmed by Resolution No. 234 of March 24 of the same year, as dependent on the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Pharmacy and Ramos Menores of the aforementioned University.
In 1937, at the initiative of the Rector of the National University of Tucumán, it was decided to create in that house a research body dedicated to the study of different facets of the reality of the northern region of the country, including health. That body, created on November 6, 1937, was called the Regional Research Department and included six agencies with similar purposes, one of them being the Institute of Regional Medicine, created by Resolution No. 315/73 of December 7, 1937. In 1954, it was resolved by Resolution No. 1221/226/954, the transfer of the headquarters of the Institute of Regional Medicine to the city of Resistencia.
On April 2, 1955, the Law School was created, dependent on the Faculty of Legal and Social Sciences of the Universidad Nacional del Litoral, operating in the city of Corrientes.