Master in Environmental Engineering
National Central University
Earliest start date
Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering (GIEE) was expanded from the Environmental Engineering Division affiliated with the Department of Civil Engineering. Currently, we have 10 full-time faculty members, 12 adjunct professors, 185 graduate students, and over 613 alumni. We aim to train professionals to be capable of analyzing and solving a wide range of environmental problems, to develop advanced, effective technologies and solutions for a sustainable environment and to assist the government and industry in building a green society and developing green production technologies, respectively.
Because of the multidisciplinary credentials of its faculty and the first-rate quality of its research facilities, the GIEE attracts high-caliber students from a variety of engineering and science disciplines. In return, the strong and unique engineering education received by the alumni has led the GIEE to attain a reputation for excellence from industry and government. With these efforts made in the past 20 years, the GIEE has become one of the most prestigious environmental institutes in Taiwan.
- Environmental Systems Analysis
- Chemical Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Physical Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Biological Processes of Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Statistics
- Principle of Environmental Sampling and Analysis
- Environmental Fates and Remedial Technologies for Contaminated Soils
- Sustainable Energy and the Environment
- Aerosol Science & Technology
- Industrial Pollution Prevention and Control
- Environmental Ecology
- Air Quality and Resource Management
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 30 credits (excluding research, seminar and undergraduate courses)
Duration of Study: 1-4 years
Other requirements: Take at least 2 Chinese language courses offered by the language center or pass the TOCFL test level 1. Pass an oral defense of a thesis.
Research Facilities & Labs
- Environmental Microbiology Laboratory
- Physicochemical Treatment Laboratory
- Aerosol Science and Technology Laboratory
- Air Pollution Control Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Micro-contaminant Sampling and Analysis
- Research Proposal,
- Two Letters of Recommendation,
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency,
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency.