Master in Ethnomusicology
Nanhua University Institute of International and Cross-Strait Affairs
Blended, Distance Learning, On-Campus
2 - 4 years
USD 970 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* 970 USD for one semester. International students can apply for scholarship up to full tuition free.
The Department of Ethnomusicology at Nanhua University was founded in 2001. In Taiwan, this department is so far the only academic institute that studies global music culture in ethnomusicological perspective. We offer both undergraduate and graduate programs.
This department aims to reflect on every genre of music in a liberal manner, and from a global perspective. Furthermore, students are guided to treat every individual in humanity. In order to provide a multicultural learning environment, this department often invites international and domestic scholars to give lectures and seminars for academic and cultural exchanges.
For the graduate programs, our goal is to provide a theoretical and practical grounding in the discipline of ethnomusicology, as well as the opportunity to develop performance and ethnographic skills, regional expertise, and a deeper understanding of global music. We offer Master’s Degrees in Ethnomusicology, Performance. The graduate program will suit those looking for a springboard into further research or employment in a range of music-related fields including journalism, industry, NGOs, and education.
- To encourage more oversea students to exchange program.
- To establish Lu Bing-Chuan Online Database for academic exchange and pedagogical materials.
- To organize an international, musical, and academic conference on a regular basis.
- To expand the discipline of Ethnomusicology and to raise its status in Taiwan.