MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
1 - 2 year
Request info *
Earliest start date
* open to apply
This MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering equips students with the advanced knowledge and skills to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing energy sector. It is a choice of study that enables students to specialize in developing the state-of-the-art technical skills, research, and development capabilities required to design renewable energy systems or to focus on managing renewable engineering projects and systems.
This program reflects Oman 2040 vision theme of people and society/developing the national technical and entrepreneurial capabilities that focus on empowering Omani citizens and equipping them with a high degree of scientific and practical capabilities.
Who is it for?
This program gives an overview of the provision and use of energy in the world today but allows the student to specialize in the rapidly expanding area of renewable energy engineering. The program is aimed at students wishing to develop a critical understanding of the significant changes afoot in the energy sector due to the development and integration of solar, wind, biomass, marine, hydroelectric, and geothermal power. The program will provide graduates of a caliber capable of developing and implementing creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage, and management.
The University aims to produce graduates whose skills are as transferable as possible, with a view to these graduates being of conspicuous service to their nations, very likely in a variety of roles, over their entire lifetimes. The program will provide graduates of a caliber capable of developing and implementing creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage, and management.
- Principles of Renewable Energy
- Transport phenomena
- Energy Conversion
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Energy Economics and Sustainability
- Research Methodology
- Solar Energy Systems
- Wind and Hydro Energy Systems
The MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering aims:
- To provide high-quality and flexibly delivered postgraduate training in renewable energy.
- To equip graduates with the advanced knowledge to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
- To enable graduates to specialize in developing the state-of-the-art technical skills required to design renewable energy systems.
- To produce graduates with a systematic understanding of knowledge, and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights which are at the forefront of sustainable energy systems and the environment.
- To help postgraduate students develop a comprehensive understanding of techniques applicable to their own research or advanced scholarship to be used to create and interpret knowledge in sustainable energy and environmental systems.
- To deepen their knowledge in renewable energy resources management and wish to acquire management and leadership skills as well as regional and intercultural competencies.
- To provide a practice-oriented and skills-based learning experience in which postgraduate students develop their capacity for critical thinking and creative problem-solving.