Master of Engineering in Water Engineering
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
Earliest start date
* There are no tuition fees, only a semester fee of about 153,70 Euro, including public transport.
Start of studies
- The program begins in winter and summer semesters.
- Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 1 May (winter semester) or 30 November (summer semester) via uni-assist e.V.
The Master’s program is run by Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences and includes a exchange semester at the University of La Coruña in Spain.
Enrollment for the winter semester: The first semester is taught at the University of La Coruña as an exchange semester and the second semester at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences.
Enrollment for the summer semester: The first semester is taught at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences and the second semester at the University of La Coruña as an exchange semester.
The third semester is a traineeship semester at one of the two named universities or at other participating universities or in companies/institutions.
The objective of the program is to acquire fundamental professional knowledge and the ability to work independently in accordance with scientific methods, to master the varied demands of working life in applied practice, research, or teaching, and to deal effectively with the frequently changing tasks that arise in the professional life of an engineer working in water management.
On the Master’s program in Water Engineering, graduates acquire expertise in the fields of national and international water management planning processes, in drinking water supply and wastewater disposal, hydrology, hydraulic engineering and experimental hydraulics, in restoration ecology, and in biotechnology and river morphology, as well as flow and process modeling.
Degree course content
Winter semester (La Coruña)
- Hydrological Plannings and Projects I
- Water supply and drainage systems
- Physico-Chemistry and quality of water
Optional Courses (2/4)
- Experimental Hydraulics I
- Computational Fluid Dynamics I
- Water Treatment and Energy Efficiency
- Groundwater Engineering I
Summer semester (Magdeburg)
- Hydraulic Plannings and Projects II
- GIS and Hydrology
- Restoration Ecology
Optional Courses (2/4)
- Experimental Hydraulics II
- Computational Fluid Dynamics II
- River Morphology
- Environmental biotechnology and hydrochemistry
Semester 3 (La Coruña, Magdeburg, project partner, enterprise/institution)
- Traineeship as Enterprise training or University training
- Master's Thesis
The international Master‘s program in Water Engineering prepares students for professional activity in higher positions in various areas of the water industry on an international level. The content of the program is suitable for roles in supply and disposal companies, the consulting field, in environment agencies and ministries, in the private water industry or environmental protection companies, in engineering firms offering consulting and planning, and institutions, as well as in teaching and research.