Master's Degree in Energy and Power Electronics
EUR 8,778 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 1st year: 8,778 euros / 2nd year: 8,778 euros
The main objective of the degree is to train highly qualified professionals in the study and specific analysis of power electronics applications (power generation, renewables, industrial applications, traction); in the study and specific analysis of electronic power converters (design, modeling, control and analysis); and in the study and specific analysis of electrical machines (design, modeling, control and analysis).
- Master's degree with a profile linked to the needs of companies in a sector of the future.
- Final Master's Thesis in the company: paid internship in 2nd year, for 10 months in the company.
- Highly qualified teaching staff, combining teaching and research on cutting-edge topics with companies in the sector.
- During the first year you will carry out 5-week projects, as a team, to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired.
With the aim of adapting the studies and the educational project to the new demands of society, as well as to the spirit of transformation of the teachings of Higher Education collected in the process of creation of the European Higher Education Area, a process of creation of a new educational model that coherently embraces the new degrees and their curricula.
This is characterized in the acquisition of competences, evidenced in the learning results, the continuous and global evaluation of the learning of the students, the integration of the alternation between study and work in academic planning, internationalization, the use of active methodologies for the knowledge.
The design of the Masters is based on the professional functions of the graduates in the work environment and on the competences in the academic environment.
The didactic intervention focuses on the use of active methodologies that encourage participation in the learning process, with problem-based learning oriented by interdisciplinary projects being key.
The evaluation of the learning of the students is continuous throughout the semesters, where the feedback of the teachers is an important key.
Mondragon Unibertsitatea is a practical university, immersed in business reality and that provides students with different learning experiences in business environments (dual training, study-work alternation, and final degree / master projects).
We have a large network of collaborating companies that integrate the dual training experiences of students as a strategy to attract and retain young talent. These companies also help students to integrate their final bachelor / master project into the larger research and transfer projects that they carry out together with Mondragon Unibertsitatea .
All these training experiences in business environments last between 10 months and 3 years depending on the modality and have a financial aid bag.
Students in possession of official university degrees in Electricity, Industrial Electronics, and Automation and Electronics (without complements) and different degrees from the engineering and architecture branch and the science branch (with complements).
- Carry out design and development activities of advanced power electronics systems and electrical machines applied to the generation, storage, distribution and transmission of energy, traction, renewable energies and industrial electronics.
- Direct and manage projects that provide innovative, sustainable and efficient solutions to problems arising from the integration of power electronics systems.
- Direct and manage research projects aimed at scientific-technological development, in multidisciplinary and multisectoral environments, promoting the management and transfer of the knowledge generated.
- Develop advice and consulting in the field of power electronics, taking into account customer specifications, energy efficiency and current regulations.
- Carry out activities to disseminate and teach knowledge related to the control of electrical energy and its applications in the areas of regulated and continuing training, through theoretical and practical presentations.
- Direct and manage testing and experimentation laboratories.
Positions They Hold
- Product manager.
- Process engineer.
- Maintenance manager.
- Responsible for research and development.
1st Course • 1st semester
- Design of Electronic Power Converters
- Analysis of Electronic Power Converters
- Electrical Machine Design
- Modeling and Analysis of Electrical Machines
- Thermal Analysis
1st Course • 2nd semester
- Energy storage
- Electric Railway Traction
- Wind Power Generation
- Transportation and Distribution of Electrical Energy
- Electric Power Generation
- Grid Connected Converter Applications
2nd year • 1st semester
- Practices I
- Practices II
2nd year • 2nd semester
- Master's Final Project
2nd year • 1st semester
- Quantitative Methods for Research
- Modeling and Simulation
- Methodological Guidelines for the Preparation of a Doctoral Thesis
- Production and Writing of Scientific Texts
- Research Project Management
- Internships I
2nd year • 2nd semester
- Research work
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
University's Own Aid
Work while studying a Master in Engineering
We offer you the possibility of combining studies with part-time work.
With the BEKABIDE program we adapt payments to the economic possibilities of students and their families.
We carry out a personalized study taking into account the expenses and income that would be involved in studying at Mondragon Unibertsitatea , taking into account the student's family economic situation and applying the established criteria to be a beneficiary of the program.
Help for alternating Study-Work
We offer you the possibility of combining your studies with a part-time job. In addition to providing you with an important source of income to finance your studies (minimum €649.16 per month), it provides you with complementary training and also the possibility of recognizing credits.
Help for the Master's Final Project
The Master's final project and the associated internships are carried out in the final phase of the master's studies. The student puts into practice the knowledge and skills acquired in the master's degree in a real environment (company, technology center, research laboratory). This aid is usually a minimum of €649.16 per month.
For students from the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country
- Basque Government General Scholarship
- Transportation aid for students with mobility difficulties from the Basque Government
- Public Price Aid (Agreement signed between the Basque Government and Mondragon Unibertsitatea )
- Help for large families
- Help families with a disabled member
- Help for victims of a terrorist act
- Help for victims of gender violence
For students who are NOT from the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country.
- General scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Spanish Government