MA International Business Management
Middlesex University Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
AED 70,000 *
Earliest start date
* total fee
In the 21st century, businesses are more globally integrated than ever before meaning international business expertise is highly sought after to understand the dynamic conditions and opportunities within a global market. Organisations need managers with skills in this field if they are to achieve their international aspirations. The MA International Business Management Degree is taught within Middlesex University’s Business School where we deliver high-quality teaching and research, and provide a supportive learning environment, helping students to achieve excellent academic results.
Why Study MA International Business Management at Middlesex University?
This challenging programme will suit those who have aspirations to manage in an international context and would like to enhance their career opportunities in this field or progress in their existing career. Core to the course is an understanding of managing company operations and dealing with issues such as financial performance, all within a diverse and multicultural arena to enhance students’ international perspective.
Students will gain in-depth knowledge about the dynamic nature of global business environments and an understanding of the international entrepreneurial activity, as well as experiencing industry-based speakers that will enhance practical awareness. The aim of this programme is to equip students with effective management and operational processes that will enable students to pursue a career path toward managerial positions.
- Offers a holistic perspective on international business taking in strategic and logistical issues such as decision making, business strategy, multinational enterprise, financial analysis and supply chain management
- This course is taught by academics who have research expertise in MNE innovation strategy, emerging market strategies, SME internationalisation, strategic marketing and international HRM
- You will be able to enhance your understanding of the practice through industry trips and attending talks by guest speakers
You will attend workshops, seminars, lectures and talks by guest speakers, and further your understanding through class discussions and work on case studies. In your own time, you will use online learning resources and do your own research, directed reading and independent study – there will be some sessions on research methods. Some coursework and research will be done in groups. You will be assessed through exams and your International Business Management Project, as well as other pieces of individual and group coursework and presentations. You will receive regular feedback on your work throughout the course, including your assessed coursework.
Year-long modules will provide students with more time to assimilate the subject matter in each module. In order to motivate students and facilitate student retention and progression, taught modules will contain a mix of assessment components, both summative and formative. These might include in-class tests, computer-based assignments, essays, case studies, group presentations/assignments and final unseen examinations. The use of summative assessment at various stages of the programme will encourage students to consolidate their understanding.
There will be dissertation workshops on a range of research related topics, such as the structure of a Masters dissertation, identifying a topic, research tools available on the internet (sites where data and academic papers can be downloaded), developing and writing a research proposal, doing an applied econometrics project, and how to write a literature review. Students will be required to submit a dissertation proposal during the second term. This will be used to allocate dissertation supervisors. With guidance from their supervisor, students will be required to prepare a detailed review of the literature, proposed methodology and sourcing of data. This will be submitted to supervisors after the year-end examinations.
Virtual Open Days
Take part in our Virtual Open Days, where you can speak to faculty and staff to find out more about our wide range of programmes, entry requirements, scholarships, study modes, and get a feel for what it’s like to study at a world-class UK university in Dubai.
Expanding your knowledge and understanding of the theories that inform contemporary international business practice, this programme begins with learning the fundamental areas of strategy and management in a globalised business environment. Students will also explore areas around decision making, trade and enterprise, while selecting from a number of modules that allow you to pursue knowledge in areas you feel are most appropriate to your interests and career aspirations. The aim of the learning is for you to gain the necessary skills to enable you to manage people and organisational activities in dynamic environments and manage products and services within international markets. You will end the course by utilising the knowledge and skills you have learnt to shape and complete your own International Management Project.
Module and programme information is indicative and may be subject to change.
- Management Analytics (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Management in a Globalised Context (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Managing the Multinational Organisations (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Business Management Project (60 Credits) - Compulsory
- Trade and the Multinational Enterprise (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Business Strategy (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Applied Corporate Finance (15 Credits) - Optional
- Multichannel Marketing Management (15 Credits) - Optional
- International Reward Management (15 Credits) - Optional
- New Trends in International Business (15 Credits) - Optional
- International Marketing (15 Credits) - Optional
- Cross-Cultural Communications and Global Brands (15 Credits) - Optional
- Entrepreneurship in the Digital Sector (15 Credits) - Optional
- International Entrepreneurship (15 Credits) - Optional
- Global Supply Chain Management (15 Credits) - Optional
The course provides both the international perspective and management understanding that will enhance career progression for those already working in a business environment and the career path of those setting out to work in an international business management role. As the UAE continues to develop as a global centre for international business, there will be a continued demand for highly skilled and knowledgeable managers across multiple sectors. Some of the specific roles within this area are:
- Management Analyst
- Trade Manager
- International Management Consultant
- Import/Export Agent
- Sales Representative