Master in Business Economics and Management
Mendel University in Brno
Brno-sever, Czech Republic
EUR 2,402 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* *28.2.2021 for foreign applicants who need visa and do not have nostrification. 30.4.2021 for foreign applicants who need visa and already have nostrification. 15.6.2021 for foreign applicants who do not need visa but need nostrification. 10.9.2021 for foreign applicants who do not need visa and who do not need nostrification.
** per year. The fees are approximate. The actual annual fee may vary depending on the current exchange rate.
Master in Economics and Management
- Program: C-EMAJ Economics and Management
- Field of study: C-EMAJ-MEEN Business Economics and Management
- Level of qualification: Master continuing
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Master's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed bachelor degree program and entrance examination, if required.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished Bachelor's degree program with a bachelor diploma.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules".
Profile of the program:
The aim of the Master's programme Economics and Management with two specialisations (Management, Human resources and international leadership) is to provide graduates with a strong foundation of knowledge and to deepen and extend existing skills obtained at bachelor level in order to find a long-term employment in the labour market or to carry out their own competitive business plan. Graduates will be able to use critical thinking to evaluate information and, on its basis, to make appropriate decisions in the field of economic processes and management in private and public sector. Emphasis is placed on gaining language skills (compulsory and optional courses in English), the knowledge of macroeconomic development in international context and practical experience from internships in the Czech Republic or abroad. Earned skills will help graduates to face the current dynamic challenges and changes in globalized socio-economic organization’s environment.
Key learning outcomes:
- to develop student's advanced knowledge of economical, managerial and social sciences to analyze and understand the economic and social behavior
- to know the principles and evolution of economic processes and their influence on society
- to promote advanced methods by which economic and managerial processes are investigated, monitored and controlled
- to promote sophisticated quantitative techniques to give students modern and perspective tools for decision making support
- to provide students with the personal and professional skills to take part in top management of factories, enterprises, companies, and institutions
- to develop student´s advanced knowledge of economical, managerial and social sciences to analyse and understand the economic and social behavior
Graduates are prepared for the position of experts for specific activities of firms (planning, marketing, production, finance, etc.) in large companies or managing post in small and medium size companies and institution. After praxis, they could occupy the top level post in firms or other entities. They could also work as independent analysts and consultants in the field of economics, marketing, management or help in the preparation and administration of economic projects.
Min. 120 ECTS, state final exam, defence of the master's thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to the doctoral study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.