MA in Digital Leadership
EUR 4,110 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* EU | non-EU: 6.300 EUR/semester | one-time registration fee 490 EUR
Immerse yourself in the exciting world of creative and media companies. Develop visionary strategies and innovative concepts for digital transformation. Lead teams and bring innovative ideas to life. In collaboration with renowned companies, you will gain practical know-how and valuable insights into the industry. Expand your network and prepare for a challenging career in which you drive change and shape the future as a digital leader.
This is what the mdh offers you
The Mediadesign Hochschule has over 25 years of experience in the field of education. It offers state-recognized courses in all media and design areas. There is a choice of three locations in the media and fashion strongholds of Berlin, Düsseldorf, and Munich. This combines a good city location, modern facilities, and many options for flexible study.
The career service, designed as an interface to the job market, is a special offer from mdh. Its purpose is to promote the professional development of students and graduates, which it does very well thanks to a wealth of measures and contact offers.
Get to know us!
Would you like to find out more about this course? Then simply contact the respective student advisory service in Berlin, Düsseldorf, or Munich. We cordially invite you to our regular information evenings. There, professors and lecturers from the department provide insightful insights into the course. In a lively and vivid way, you will learn first-hand everything about the content and structure of the course, lesson times, financing, and much more. A question and answer session and a guided tour through the university round off the event. You can find out the dates from our Student counseling.
The “Leadership in Creative Industries” master’s degree is aimed at everyone who wants to boost their professional career in the creative and media industry and who would like to further develop their knowledge in this area in a well-founded and practical manner.
All are addressed:
- Who enjoy the practical leadership of creative teams;
- Who are interested in the strategic management of creative companies;
- Who are enthusiastic about innovation and the latest technological developments in the creative industry.
Culture and creative industries include (according to the WMK 2009 guidelines): music industry, book market, art market, film industry, broadcasting industry, performing arts, architecture market, design industry, press market, advertising market, software/games industry.
Most important contents of the course
Leadership (leadership skills):
"Leadership in Arts": Building leadership skills in creative work processes
- Leading creative teams
- Agile project management
"Strategic Management": Development of management skills in strategic corporate management
- Company policy
- Environmental and company analysis
- Strategy development and implementation
“Innovation and Emerging Technologies”: Knowledge of innovation processes and new technologies
- Internet of Things
- Innovation management
Creative Industries (industry knowledge)
"Digital Business Strategies in Creative Industries": Knowledge of structures and business models in the creative industry
- Platform business models
- Influencer Marketing
- Digital transformation
"Data Science and AI"
- AI in the media
- Business models with AI
- Neural Networks
“Conception and Production”: Knowledge of the conception and production of creative content
- Creative techniques
- Concept creation
- Production processes in the creative industry
Learning by projects (practical projects in which you can apply the knowledge you have learned)
- Creation of creative content (e.g. advertising, branded entertainment)
- Development of digital business models in the creative industry (e.g. affiliate, cloud computing, gaming platforms, social media, use of artificial intelligence)
Elective options (management means more than "making money")
- CSR and Sustainability
- Interculturality and Diversity
As a media and creative manager, you can:
- Control and monitor media production processes. This includes both the conception and the production of media products.
- Develop business strategies for companies in the creative industries.
- Direct and monitor digital innovation efforts of companies. This includes the conception and implementation of product developments, the market launch, and the controlling of the measures.
- Promote the creativity of employees and stakeholders in a targeted manner and make them usable for the company.
The master's degree in “Leadership in Creative Industries” trains future managers in national and international companies in the creative and media industries (film, games, music, and more). Graduates of the master’s degree work at the interface between “creativity” and “business” and find their professional future:
- In multinational media groups that produce or distribute creative content such as film, TV, or VoD products, or are involved in the production and marketing of games, music, or digital print products;
- Also in start-up companies that develop new technologies and formats in the creative industry.