Master of Science in Business Administration with a Major in People Management and Organization
Lucerne School of Business – Management Programs
3 - 8 semesters
Full time, Part time
CHF 800 / per semester **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* September 1, 2023 for applicants requiring a visa. October 31, 2023 for Swiss and EU/EFTA applicants.
** Enrolment fee: CHF 250
The working world is changing rapidly, transforming many industries and the skills people need. With a Major in People Management and Organization (PMO), you will be able to initiate, design and successfully accompany strategically important and complex corporate processes in human resource management (HRM), leadership and organizational development.
In this program you will benefit from:
- an interdisciplinary master's program that combines practice-oriented, well-founded knowledge with proven application expertise
- study content that corresponds to the needs and expectations of companies
- learn about the latest economic, psychological, and sociological approaches in the field of organization and human resources
- critically examine the effects of new technologies and social developments on the working environment
- benefit from small teaching groups and class sizes
Exciting Career Paths
Exciting career paths are open not only at the operational and strategic level in organizational development and HRM. Graduates can take on challenging specialist and management tasks in the field of corporate development or take on key functions as generalists for organizational development, learning & development, personnel support, and consulting. Recruiting and employer branding, talent management or employee experience are also career options. Aside from your specialized Major in PMO, a variety of employment avenues are open to you after graduation with a Master of Science in Business Administration, because you are equipped with a well-rounded and versatile education from the Lucerne School of Business.
Duration of studies
- Regular study program: 4 semesters
- Extended study program: 6 - 8 semesters
- Study in 3 semesters possible: For students who want to complete their studies in three semesters, we have put together a new program. This program is intensive and can be completed with the professional activity of 20-30%.
- Employment up to a half-time job is possible in conjunction with the study program.
- For international students: the study workload demands a commitment of 25 contact hours per week (lectures, group-work exercises, projects)
The Lucerne School of Business further offers Finance and Real Estate programs.
Graduates from the Major in People Management and Organisation will be well trained for a career in all areas of people management and organizational transformation. They will be well equipped with a practical and hands-on background to develop organizations in all industries.
- At the same time, they have completed a scientifically sound and application-oriented university education at the Master's level of 90 ECTS-credits.
- Their knowledge and skills enable them to quickly familiarize themselves with all aspects of people management and transformational processes.
Field of activity
Graduates may pursue their career in such key functions as:
- Generalists for holistic transformation and organizational development, learning & development, HR support and consulting.
- But also the people management specialist professions such as in the areas of Recruiting & Employer Branding, Talent Management, Employee Experience, Social Media Recruitment or Conversational Design are open.