Master of Social Sciences in Organisational Psychology and Education Management (OPEM) Lingnan University
Major Features of MSocSc in OPEM
- Provides the best of both worlds: A pioneering and practical programme offering “Psychology+ Management” training in the education context.
- An eye-opener to the world: plenty of opportunities to participate in diverse experiential learning activities, such as regional visit, international conference, and study abroad opportunities in top universities such as Bath and Oxford.
- A flexible course in career and study mode: students in full-time work can opt for the weekend mode of study.
- A dedicated teaching team with renowned scholars and experienced practitioners
- Lingnan University: A top 10 liberal arts college in Asia (Forbes 2015) and one of the top 100 universities in Asia (QS Asia University Rankings 2018)
An effective pathway to becoming a leader in the education sector
The OPEM programme is co-launched by the School of Graduate Studies and the Department of Applied Psychology. The programme effectively marries the distinctive fields of psychology and management within the education context that aims to meet the professional training needs of the workforce in the Greater Bay area.
Our curriculum is tailored to offer students an interdisciplinary learning environment. Apart from diverse classroom learning, overseas learning experiences in top universities in the US and the UK will be available. Specifically, our students will have the opportunities to go on exchange at the University of Bath and attend the International Postgraduate Summer School at the University of Oxford. All these will keep students abreast of the latest development of education management.
A pioneering and practical program for school administrators
Understanding psychology is pivotal for school administrators. From mediating disputes to allocating resources, the managing team of an institute will need human resource skills and effective communication to lead the team in tackling problems and breaking down barriers between staff members. OPEM is a practical programme that aims to fill in the gaps in the study scope of existing applied psychology and education management courses in Hong Kong, by offering a course that specializes in people management in an education setting on all levels. The programme covers management topics from primary school to higher education, which makes it an apt choice of further study for individuals who are currently in, or aspire to play, a leadership role in their respective teaching environment.
An excellent platform to equip students with state-of-the-art organizational psychology knowledge that can be readily applied in educational settings
School is certainly a good example of a complex, dynamic social system. With so many people working in this environment, the understanding of psychology allows an educator to design a better environment and improve social interaction among individuals. The OPEM programme provides an excellent platform to equip students with state-of-the-art organizational psychology knowledge that can be readily applied in educational settings. In various psychology modules, students will learn useful strategies in enhancing motivation, effective communication techniques, conflict resolution and counselling skills, and so forth. These attributes will surely meet the need for modern education leaders.