Master of Arts in China and Regional Studies
Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
HKD 120,000 *
Earliest start date
* payable in two instalments
The CRS is a comparative area studies programme that aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to examine the multifaceted theoretical and empirical debates surrounding China's engagements with African countries, and its neighbouring countries in the Asia and Pacific region. CRS is designed for current and aspiring scholars, commentators, and practitioners in public and private sectors who intend to expand their knowledge of China's regional and global relations. Presently, CRS offers three concentration areas (i.e. specialisation) as follows:
- Master of Arts in China and Regional Studies (China-Africa Studies, CAS), or
- Master of Arts in China and Regional Studies (China and East Asia Studies, CES) or
- Master of Arts in China and Regional Studies (for those who prefer not to specialise in either CAS or CES)
Key Features of the CRS
1. An interdisciplinary approach: CRS includes courses and topics from disciplines such as Political Science, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Economics, and Urban Studies.
2. International teaching team: CRS courses are delivered by world-class scholars affiliated with Lingnan University and its partners globally with vast experience in China, East Asia and African Studies
3. Experiential learning:
- Students will have opportunities for field visits and participate in international conferences and seminars to expose them to current research.
- CRS students will also have the opportunity to participate in international student exchange programmes (e.g., summer school at the University of Oxford)
4. Flexibility in programme curriculum:
- Students can choose a specialisation in CAS or CES or even decide to enrol in courses from different CRS concentrations depending on their interests.
- Applicants can opt for a full-time or part-time mode of study