MSc Crisis and Security Management
The Hague, Netherlands
EUR 2,209 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* non-EU/EEA student deadline. For EU/EEA deadline 15.05.2023
** for non-EEA, non-Swiss, & non-Surinam applicants: €19,300
In CSM you will study contemporary security challenges from local and global points of view, gaining an understanding of the 'wicked problem' of security and crisis topics in a complex and globalising world.
What does this master programme entail?
You will study contemporary security challenges from local and global points of view, gaining an understanding of the 'wicked problem' of security and crisis topics in a complex and globalising world.
During this multidisciplinary career-relevant master's programme you will become familiar with the academic, political and societal dimensions of the governance of (in)security and crisis. You will study contemporary security challenges from both local and global points of view, gaining a deep understanding of the 'wicked problem' of security and crisis topics in a complex and globalising world. The combination of theory, practical insights and analytical skills will prepare you for work in a vast array of public or private organisations.
This one-year, English-taught programme is the only academic Master's programme that offers insights on general developments as well as the specific challenges in the field of the governance of crisis and security, with in-depth knowledge of sub-fields of crisis and security management. You will choose one specialisation before the start of your programme.By selecting one track that suits your interest, you will be able to become a security professional with specialized knowledge and skills combined with a deep understanding of the general field.
Reasons to choose CSM at Leiden University
This MSc programme offers you unique multidisciplinary perspectives on the governance of security and crisis.
- Study the political dynamics of security;
- Combine theory, practical insights and analytical skills;
- Become a critical and creative security professional;
- Study in The Hague, international city of peace and justice, home to many governmental/ NGO's concerned with security issues;
Is CSM the right programme for you?
- Are you driven to read the news each morning, fascinated by current events and their follow-on developments?
- Can you think critically about complex societal issues?
- Are you interested in combining a variety of academic perspectives and applying them to real-life issues?
- Do you want to contribute to the discussion and practices around crisis and security management?
- Are you able to form an informed opinion and communicate it clearly to a variety of audiences?
Then this is the programme for you!