MA in Environmental Policy
USD 1,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* 2021-2022 academic year tuition. Note: you won’t know for sure how much Lehigh will cost you until you apply for financial aid and receive your financial aid notification
The Environmental Policy (EP) program equips students with the tools to design effective environmental policy for the 21st century, along with the knowledge required to navigate legal, economic, and political structures successfully.
Students in EP engage with a wide range of issues, including:
- alternative energy in the face of climate change,
- urban migration and its consequences for food production and other complex systems,
- interactions between built environments and the natural world,
- environmental effects on well-being and access to opportunity, and
- sustainable approaches to economic growth and economic decline.
Students can focus their coursework in any of these topic areas:
- environmental advocacy,
- environmental conservation,
- environmental health,
- environmental justice,
- environmental law,
- environmental planning, and
- environmental sustainability.
The program's coursework allows students to conduct independent research while also gaining professional experience, preparing them for future academic pursuits and employment. EP alumni have gone on to Ph.D. programs, as well as work for the United Nations, within federal, state, and local levels of government, at area nonprofits, and for environmental advocacy organizations.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.