MSc Sports Events Management
Leeds Beckett University
1 - 3 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 7,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* UK/EU students. International students: £14,000 per year.
Drawing on academic and industry expertise from around the world, this course is designed to meet the requirements of professionals and organisations involved in the bidding process and delivery of sporting events of all sizes - from the Olympic Games to the Leeds Half Marathon.
Why study Sports Events Management at Leeds Beckett University
- The UKCEM Network - Become an active member of our thriving community of events practitioners – the UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM) Network. Based at Leeds Beckett University, this network’s been delivering events management education for almost 25 years.
- A global reputation - The School of Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management was ranked in the top 50 best schools globally in 2020 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Expert practitioners - Our specialist teaching team includes research-active academics and industry professionals who work as consultants to the course – expertise that feeds into your learning.
- Sandwich year - Deepen your skills and experience, build your confidence, contacts, and CV, and improve your chances of jumping straight into a job after graduation with a paid sandwich year.
- Networking - Develop professionals contacts when visiting speakers come to offer unique industry insights during guest lectures.
- Support - Not only will we support you throughout your course, but you can also continue to access careers support up to five years after graduating.
You will address the challenges facing sports events managers, including the increasing pressure to meet the demands of global governing bodies and how to manage a volunteer workforce, secure appropriate sponsorship packages, reduce risk and ensure the health, safety and security of every stakeholder.
By developing the specialist knowledge and skills required, you will be able to strategically plan and manage sporting events to the satisfaction of regional, national and international stakeholders.
This course is taught at The UK Centre for Events Management which has a global reputation as a market leader in events management education. We have close links with a wide range of industry partners and associations who all recognise our expertise in educating the events professionals of the future.
The university has been given a five-star rating for our academic work in Hospitality & Leisure Management by QS, the international higher education benchmarking agency.
Teaching And Learning
Independent study is a crucial part of learning at university and you will be required to undertake many hours of self-directed research and reading, and preparation and writing of assessments. Your course is delivered through a number of modules, which will help you to plan your time and establish a study routine. Outside of your lectures, workshops and tutorials, a range of support is available to assist with your independent study. Our subject-specific librarians will be on hand to direct you to the specialist learning and study-skill resources. You’ll also be assigned an academic advisor to give you tailored feedback and support.
Scholarships and Funding
We are committed to ensuring that the opportunity to experience an education here at Leeds Beckett University is open to all. If you're thinking of joining us to study for your undergraduate degree, you may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary.
Bursaries are usually awarded depending on household income, whilst scholarships are available for a number of areas and are based on sporting or academic excellence.
Program Tuition Fee
By enhancing your knowledge and practical expertise in sports events management, you will be equipped with the skills to plan and manage complex landmark events while also understanding the core operational activities of sports venues. Your specialist expertise will leave you well placed to seek senior positions with organisations involved in the planning and hosting of high-profile events.
- Sports Events Manager
- Project Manager
- Venue Manager
- Sport and Events Ticketing Manager
Beckett Careers Team
Our Beckett Careers Team will support you with all aspects of your career planning, throughout university and beyond. Whether you’re looking for a part-time job or want to gain experience alongside your studies, need help preparing an application or exploring graduate job options, we can provide expert support every step of the way!
Throughout your university journey and up to five years after you graduate you'll have access to a broad range of support and tools to help you with:
- Getting ready to apply for jobs
- Working on your CV
- Preparing for an interview
- Applying for graduate vacancies or placements
- Connecting with employers and organisations
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.