Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee is an institution of higher education based on a multicultural educational philosophy, committed to the advancement and development of the region, encouraging social involvement. Founded in 1965 on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, it caters to approximately 4000 students studying in various tracks and departments.
The college offers a range of academic degree programs:
The Achi Racov School of Engineering:
- Water Industry Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Software Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Quality and Reliability Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Gas and Petroleum Energy Engineering (B.Sc.)
The School of Social Sciences and Humanities:
- Land of Israel Studies (B.A) and (M.A.)
- Tourism and Hotel Management (B.A.) and (M.A.)
(The M.A. program is taught in English)
- Behavioral Sciences (B.A.)
- Communication (B.A.)
- Education and Community (B.A.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A.)
- Human Resources Management (B.A.)
Kinneret College has become a key player in the northern periphery by offering residents of the surrounding communities access to higher education: the cities of Tiberias and Beit Shean, the Golan Heights, the Jordan Valley and the Eastern Galilee.
The College places students at its center, promotes high academic standards and educates its graduates to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Students, alumni and academic staff all enrich the region, and the development of the local industry; establishing and maintaining connections with industries in diverse fields.
- The Harry Triguboff Science and Technology Center
- The Robert and Yadelle Sklare Family Library
- The Achi Racov School of Engineering
- The Max Alperin Building
- The Land of Israel Studies Center - located at the restored Tzemach train station
Our student dormitories accommodate about 250 beds, in three buildings offering a variety of rooms types.
The Dean of Students Office assists with scholarships, emotional support, learning disabilities, accommodations, supports Arabic speaking students, supports new immigrants, and provides student advancement services.
Elected by and comprised of college students, it is responsible for entertainment, culture and social life on and off-campus.
Pexels / Pixabay
Vision of the Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee, July 2015 Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee is based on two primary objectives:
- It will spearhead excellence in teaching, research, applied training, and unique academic development in the fields of engineering, and social sciences and the humanities.
- It will provide a solution for various communities across the public domain, in terms of patterns of providing academic education, diploma studies, advanced training and academic entrepreneurship.
Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee is an institution that provides bachelor’s degree studies and advanced degree studies and places the student at the core of its work advances high academic standards and trains its graduates to address the challenges of tomorrow.