Master of Science in Food Science and Safety
Kaunas University of Technology
EUR 5,157 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score. For more information, please contact the University.
KTU master’s in Food Science and Safety are the only postgraduate studies in The Baltic States that have been awarded the international EQAS-Food Label quality label. These studies will set you on a highway leading to the exciting places in a European job market or, should you choose so, to a brilliant research career.
MSc Food Science and Safetystudy programme educates smart food science and safety professionals, focusing on future food technologies with the emphasis on the bio-economy and functionality.
This study programme has been developed to educate wide profile food science specialists both for the food industry and the companies conducting food products’ research. Our students learn the theory, methods and technology behind the development of new products enriched by advanced natural antioxidants, antimicrobial substances, they acquire the skills needed for analysing rheological characteristics and texture of various components. During your studies, you will learn the skills and competencies needed to lead interdisciplinary projects and will be educated on food production safety and quality management.
After graduation, you will be able to conduct food innovation groups or even build your own business. Your education will allow you to become an influential speaker able to form public opinion in the fields of food science, safety, technology and nutrition.
- Access to the four unique semi-industrial food technology lines (bread, beer, meat, fish, dairy products) at the Lithuanian Food Science and Technology Competence Centre at KTU
- Possibility to join internationally renowned food science research groups
- A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
What will you study?
- Healthy food: food additives, toxicology, food supplements
- Biotechnologies: processes, management, optimisation, improvement, technological processes
- Food quality: impact on health, chemical hazard, microbiological hazard
- Food safety: standards, regulations, legal acts, environmental protection
Scholarships and Funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of the European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.