Master in Hospitality and Tourism Management ISCTE Business School – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
The MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management is a full-time, two-year Program, fully taught in English. This program offers the option of doing a dual degree with Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida, Orlando – giving you the opportunity of studying in one of the Top 5 Hospitality and Tourism Colleges in the World.
7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most dynamic master programs in Hospitality & Tourism
- Iscte’s master in Hospitality and Tourism Management was ranked 46th in its category, among the Top 80 World's Best Masters Programmes in Tourism 2017/2018 (Eduniversal Ranking);
- This program has the option of doing a dual degree with Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida, Orlando – giving you the opportunity of studying in one of the Top 5 Hospitality and Tourism Colleges in the World, with tuition fees substantially lower than in the USA.
2. Learn from the best industry practices
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of workshops aimed at discussing and analyzing tourism and hospitality topics;
- The final project represents an exciting opportunity to apply the knowledge, theories and methods, learned in the classroom, to a real industry problem;
- Studying Hospitality and Tourism in Portugal is a unique opportunity to experience one of the global leaders in the tourism industry - Lisbon and Portugal, therefore, provide students with a live laboratory where they are able to contact the hub of innovation and creativity in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a flexible and multicultural learning style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- A global vision of business. You will be dealing with cases and issues from the international business world on a regular basis and have a chance to interact with a faculty that has wide-reaching international business experience.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and networking are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities (team buildings, dinners, etc.);
- Mentoring program - with their mentors, students have the opportunity to discuss their academic progress and career prospects, and benefit from their recognized professional experience.
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best candidates
6. A truly international outlook
- Possibility of doing a Dual Degree with the University of Central Florida's Rosen College (one of America's biggest schools of Tourism and Hospitality and located near some of the most visited destinations in the world), either in Europe in one of our partners;
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
The first year of the program will be spent at Iscte Business School. The second year of the programme will be held either in Iscte (Lisbon), either in University of Central Florida's Rosen College (one of America's biggest schools of Tourism and Hospitality and located near some of the most visited destinations in the world), either in Europe in one of our partners.
- Managing of Hospitality and Guest Service Organizations
- Strategic Marketing in Hospitality and Tourism
- Critical Issues in Hospitality Human Resources
- Data Analysis in Hospitality and Tourism Research
- Research Methods in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality Business Design & Operations
- Wine Tourism & Wine Business
- Internship in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Financial Analysis of Hospitality Enterprises
- Management of Lodging Operations
- Management of Foodservice Operations
- International Tourism Management
- Large Events & Event Management
- Information Technology for Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality Tourism Strategic Issues (Capstone Course)
- Shopping Tourism & Luxury Retail Management
- Tourism & Urban Worlds
- Business Analytics in Tourism
Program Tuition Fee
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- By studying at a dual degree, students will benefit from the network of both Schools and their links with the hospitality and tourism industry;
- 80% of the alumni work outside of their country of origin;
- Employment rate of 100% up to 12 months after completion of Programme;
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are Tourism and Hospitality. In this range of sectors, some of the major recruiters are Tradytec Travel LCC, Hard Rock Café International and Sofitel Hotel;
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.