Master in Finance
ISCTE Business School – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
EUR 7,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* * 7900€ for EU Students and 9800€ for Non-EU Students
The MSc in Finance is a full-time, two-year Program, fully taught in English, that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance.
7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Finance at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most reputed Finance programs in Europe
- Ranked 29º in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programs, in Western Europe in 2018/2019 (Eduniversal Ranking);
- Ranked 27th best Master in Finance in the world in 2018 by the Financial Times
2. Learn from the best industry practices
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of workshops aimed at discussing and analyzing the different areas of the finance industry;
- Partnership with CFA - the partnership with CFA aligns the Master in Finance Program with the CFA® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge® syllabus. You are able to complete your Master and prepare for the CFA® Program at the same time. You will also be able to apply for CFA exam scholarships;
- Among European schools, Iscte Business School has one of the most comprehensive financial databases - a resource that includes free access to Wharton Research Data Services, Compustat, Worldscope, CRSP and more complete information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters;
- Regular presentations made by companies, workshops on financial information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters, and case analyses.
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a specialized and flexible learning style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- The emphasis of the Program is specialization and flexibility. Half of the courses are electives, which allows you to better tailor the Program to your own career objectives;
- Cutting-edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and creativity are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities;
- Mentoring program - with their mentors, students have the opportunity to discuss their academic progress and career prospects, and benefit from their recognized professional experience;
- Since not all degree candidates have the same academic and professional backgrounds, students can attend an optional introductory term with of Fundamentals of Computational Finance. This special module will provide students with several tools so they can tackle some of the more demanding courses within this master program.
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best MSc in Finance Student (sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- Award for the best candidates
- Teaching and Research Assistant Program aimed at the best students of the 1st Year of the Master's Program
6. A truly international outlook
- Residential stay at the University of Delaware (United States) that gives you the opportunity to have direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry, including visits to the New York Stock Exchange and Bloomberg;
- Possibility of doing a Double Degree - it allows students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (Iscte and a partner university). For the Msc in Finance, the partner universities are:
- KEDGE Business School in France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited);
- Universitas Gadjah Mada in Indonesia (AACSB accredited);
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in China (EQUIS acrredited);
- Florida International University - USA (AACSB accredited).
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Valuation
- Financial Options
- Futures, Forwards and Swaps
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Financial Corporate Strategy
- Real Options
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Forecasting Methods
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- Employment rate of 100% up to 6 months after completion of Programme;
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are the Industry & Energy, Consulting & Audit and Information Technology;
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.