ISARA-Lyon is a French "grande école" (graduate college) specialized in agricultural, food and environmental science. It is recognized by the French Ministry of Agriculture. ISARA offers a wide range of Bachelor and Master level curricula in agronomy, food and environmental science. We also develop research activities and advisory services, mainly in two fields:
- Sustainable food systems
- Educate the future managers with a high level of scientific knowledge and ethical responsibility, who are able to anticipate and support the societal changes to meet the national and international challenges in food, agriculture, and environment.
- Develop international excellence in Agroecology and Sustainable food systems
- Participate in a development beneficial to most of the population, support project development and innovation, develop scientific and technical knowledge.
- Participate in the public debate, and support the emergence of new ideas pertaining to science and society, economics and politics.
ISARA-Lyon offers several study programmes, among which:
- ISARA-Lyon Engineering Degree can be followed as a full-time student or apprentice after successful completion of secondary education, and can also be undertaken via continuing education or, for those without entry-requirement qualifications, through validation of prior work experience.
- European MSc (CGE) in Agroecology coordinated in conjunction with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway) and in partnership with other European and American universities.
- MSc (CGE) in Agroecology and Organic Agriculture with Wageningen University (The Netherlands).
- European MSc Sustainable Food Systems in partnership with several European universities.
Professional environment and students’ employability:
ISARA-Lyon is established in Lyon, in the south-east of France, in a very dynamic environment close to companies, research centers and professionals working in agriculture, food industry, rural development and environment sectors. It is situated on the AGRAPOLE site, a cluster of excellence specialized in agriculture and food, which includes over 50 professional organizations of these sectors.