About Politécnico de Leiria
Students from over 75 countries around the world have chosen Politécnico de Leiria as their first choice for studying! Find out why Portugal is the perfect destination to continue your studies and how the Politécnico de Leiria might provide you with a real life-changing experience.
With more than 1500 international students, Politécnico de Leiria offers a friendly and welcoming environment among teachers, technicians, and students making it easy for new students to settle into their new life away from home.
Five schools, in four magnificent cities, not just to study in but to live and love.
7 Reasons why you should choose Politécnico de Leiria
Region with great economic dynamism:
- High level of employment in a region rich in ceramics and glass, plastics, fisheries, engineering, food, tourism, and biotechnological industries.
Twenty-first-century study facilities:
- Multiple campuses offering outstanding learning facilities. More than 130 hi-tech laboratories equipped with the latest technology.
- Advanced student facilities and the latest technology available, bringing their courses to life.
Recognized for research:
- Hi-tech research units like CETEMARES or CDRS are part of their strategy where science and work go together to invent new solutions.
- Many of their courses have partnerships with leading companies helping students to exceed. Oracle, Cisco, Phoenix Contact, Siemens are just some of the major brands that have academies in their institution.
Friendly and close atmosphere:
- They're proud of their friendly environment among teachers, technicians, and students which helps new students settle into a new life abroad.
Designed for today’s students:
- There are a variety of activities and experiences available at any of Polytechnic of Leiria campuses including sports facilities, medical services, ICT services, and Canteens.
Future career prospects
The Politécnico de Leiria is proud to have industry partnerships: Many of our courses have partnerships with leading companies laying the foundations for you to exceed. Cisco, Phoenix Contact, Oracle, Siemens are just some of the major brands that have decided to implement academies at our institution.
We are also located in a region with great economic dynamism: A high level of employability in a region rich in plastics, ceramics, and glass, molds, engineering, fisheries, tourism, food, and biotechnological industries.
The Politécnico de Leiria also has an IT platform that aims to promote the employability of its students.
Immersion on Leiria and West Region
Leiria is your destination. Right in the middle of everything, you got plenty of activities to experience nearby. Best surf beach, cycling on Atlantic Road, the largest in the country with 62 km long, hiking, visiting enchanted historical villages… engaging yourself in a new lifestyle, in a new landscape.
Leiria is a combination between past and future. Safety, high quality of life, and a multicultural environment. Leiria is a lively university town not only to study but also to live in! Two of the most beautiful Portuguese monuments, the Batalha Monastery and Alcobaça Monastery, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage sites are located in the region.
In the curves of Lis River are hidden leisure spots like parks and cafes to sit and relax. Go with time to the historical center, to attend boisterous cafes, bars and contemplate gorgeous terrace views. In the evening step out of the box and mixture yourself with other local and international students in the unique Rodrigues Lobo Square.