Master in Agricultural Economics
Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Earliest start date
The Department of Economics at Iowa State University presents a unique tradition of excellence in graduate education, overseeing a Ph.D. Program in both economics and agricultural economics.
- Doctoral Degrees Offered: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master Degrees Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)
- Online Degrees: None
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in economics and an ability to critically evaluate it.
- Articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to economic knowledge.
- Effectively apply theory and qualitative and quantitative empirical methods to address research questions; understand how to acquire, analyze, and report data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Always conduct scholarship, whether independently or in teams, in ways that reflect ethical practice and professionalism.