About the International School of Management (ISM)
The International School of Management (ISM) ranks among Germany’s top private business schools. Founded in 1990, the ISM has seven campuses in Dortmund, Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart and Berlin and is home to around 3850 students.
Internationality, strong practical orientation and a personal learning atmosphere are just as much a part of ISM's success story as the teaching of professional skills and the intensive training of soft skills. This includes not only exciting practical projects, case studies, internships, a compulsory semester abroad but also the close interaction with lecturers from the business world.
The most important criteria for first-year students, such as a semester abroad, the quality of teaching, career opportunities, partner universities, or networking, shape your development and are therefore an integral part of ISM. These success factors are reflected in all of ISM's Bachelor, Master and MBA programs and in our top positions in national and international rankings.
Why choose the lSM
- High-quality education: first-class teaching, top-ranked and unlimited state accreditation (FIBAA). More than 30 years of educational competence
- Close to practice teaching: lecturers from the business world
- Personal teaching atmosphere: a study in small learning groups, focusing on interdisciplinary, practically oriented case studies
- Strong internationality: students of 84 nationalities. Ratio of 30% of international students
- Globally connected: a network of around 190 partner universities to choose from for your semester abroad
- High employability rate: over 61% of our full-time bachelor and 90% of our master graduates already could secure a job during their studies
- Flexible and competitive: Double Degree options for your master studies
- Seven campuses in most major German cities: Dortmund, Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart, and Berlin
- Discounts on tuition fees and multiple payment or financing options.
Why studying at the ISM is the perfect choice:
- Students of 84 different nationalities
- Around 190 renowned partner universities for exchange semesters;
- Intensive language training (English, German, French, etc.);
- Chance to gain valuable experience during a stay abroad;
- Intensive language training (English, German, French, Spanish).
- Setting you up optimally for a global business career.
- Committed university lecturers from the corporate and business world;
- Practical learning content and projects (case studies) with well-known companies;
- Ideal support by the ISM Career Center;
- Best possible preparation for the start of your professional life;
- Opportunity for professional development in national and international internships.
Personal and individual
- Small study groups & a personal learning atmosphere;
- Individual support for each student;
- Supervision ratio university teachers/students 1:7;
- 100% open door policy.
A strong network
- From day one - you are part of the extended ISM community;
- Make contacts in practice at ISM events;
- Stay in touch after graduation through the ISM Alumni Network.
- Degree programs and continuing education programs on the topics of Sustainability & Business Transformation.
- Supporting Treedom and we look forward to seeing our ISM forest play a part in making our earth a little bit greener.
30 years of Educational Competence
Accredited and officially recognized for an unlimited period
The University is state-accredited unlimitedly and all study programs bear the seal of quality of the Accreditation Council and the FIBAA. The quality of the education is confirmed by HR managers, ISM students and alumni and the presence in numerous rankings where ISM consistently occupies top positions for many years for areas such as internationality, student mobility, international academic staff, contact to professional practice, professional publications, foreign language taught bachelor and master programs, etc. For more information, visit our rankings page.