Master of Science in Chemistry (Green chemistry, Catalysis and Environment) - IntREE Graduate School
Université de Poitiers
EUR 243 / per year *
Earliest start date
* These fees do not include the compulsory basic health insurance “Social security” for non-European residents.
If you like chemistry, if you are passionate about research, if you have an open mind and aim for excellence, come and join the Graduate School IntREE (Interfaces for aeronautic energy and environment) and its Master of Chemistry dedicated to research, in the field of interface phenomena between media exhibiting different physico-chemical properties.
Do you know that 85% of industrial processes to produce molecules deal with heterogeneous catalysis which requires an interface between a solid (the catalyst) and a gaseous or liquid medium (the reactant phase)?
The main research domains concerned with this Master of Chemistry will focus on the development of sustainable and eco-friendly processes for green chemistry, environmental remediation, clean energy production and the understanding of interface phenomena to optimize the catalyzed chemical reactions.
The courses will be organized around four main axes
- Progressive immersion in the two international well known laboratories : Pprime and IC2MP research institutes
- International mobility
- Connections with the socio-economic world
- Disciplinary openness toward the multidisciplinarity
All courses will be taught in English
- In addition to their diploma/degree, students will receive the GS label which attests to the excellence of research-based training in the field.
- Immersion in state-funded or private laboratories in the field.
- All internships are paid positions (of about 550€/month) and additional scholarships will be delivered to promote the international mobility (travel expenses …).
- The incoming international mobility of highly ranked students is also encouraged by grants limited to 4000€ per project (travel expenses, welcome box, and scholarship).
- International reputation in aeronautic, transport, energy and environment.
- Individualized follow-up to students and the learning through lectures, tutorials, laboratory classes, workshops.
Scholarships and Funding
Each year we offer Welcome boxes for foreign students entering the first year of the master program (1200 €).
Laboratory internships and research projects during the master program are granted to all students supporting by the GS-IntREE (for a total of 2600 € min*) or by the host laboratories/companies.
Outgoing grants can also be awarded to French student for international mobility (1000 € + 500 € /month of internship).
* Scholarships are awarded to all students during the master thesis internship. Their amount is 500 €/month minimum.
According to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), a two years master’s program is worth 120 ECTS (60 per year, 30 per semester). Each semester must be acquired independently
The first semester (M1 Autumn semester) includes an integration week, core and specific courses as well as an immersive project in labs (2 days per week)
The second semester (M1 Spring semester) consists of thematic courses and seminars and an internship of 3 to 4 months in companies or academic laboratories
The third semester (M2 Autumn semester) is divided into several courses in chemistry and a practicum ((a group project in which 3 GS-students enrolled into 3 different masters will work together to solve a multidisciplinary challenge.
The fourth semester (M2 Spring semester) is dedicated to the internship (Master thesis) of 5 to 6 months in R&D teams of companies or academic laboratories
International mobility will be favored for internships.
The students in the IntREE graduate school will acquire a solid background in various topics, ranging from fundamental to applied sciences. The GS-program is designed to include hands-on laboratory experiences during the two years of Master to strengthen the student’s capability to learn actively, think independently, and work in team. The students will also be exposed to the latest developments in industrial R&D through courses given by industrial partners and internships.
The IntREE students will be enrolled into the Master of chemistry which ensures the fundamental teachings used within their disciplines (named “CORE” courses). In addition, specific common courses will be delivered by researcher or industrial partners to provide high-level teaching about interfaces.
At the end of the training, our high level graduates will be able to join academia or R&D teams in small or large industrial groups to develop innovation for tomorrow's chemistry to tackle challenges in health, energy, environment without contributing to global warming.
Our graduates will be able
- To combine different disciplines in order to design new sustainable chemical processes
- To innovate to tackle the challenge of tomorrow’s chemistry challenges
- To perform bibliographic research, to conduct and manage a research project,
- To implement relevant experiments, to select the appropriate analytical tools and perform the analyzes,
- To manage a team, to know how to communicate, to speak fluent English