Advanced Master in European Integration
Brussels School of Governance (BSoG)
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
EUR 6,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* For the one-year programme; €3,500/year for the two-year programme
Exciting addition to EuroMaster: introducing 'Digitalisation and Europe' specialisation
The EuroMaster is an interdisciplinary programme taught in English geared towards an international range of young and mid-level professionals as well as advanced students from across the political sciences. It provides students with advanced academic training across a wide range of EU policies and concepts in order to gain a thorough understanding of the process of European integration in both its economic and political dimensions.
This Advanced MA in European integration is a programme that is organised by the Institute for European Studies, a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, and of which the degree will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). The Institute for European Studies is part of the Brussels School of Governance, an alliance with Vesalius College, established in February 2021.
- The Programme operates as a “Master after Master”, requiring students to have strong and consistent marks across a minimum of 4 previous years of study.
- Its curriculum offers you the choice to study 2 out of 5 policy field specialisations, which will be mentioned on your degree.
- Students have the flexibility to obtain this Advanced Master degree in 1 or 2 years.
- It’s a very international programme and has a balanced classroom mix of young professionals and full-time students.
- Moreover, its limited class size allows for a lot of classroom interaction. The teaching staff is a unique mixture of renowned EU scholars and top-level EU practitioners who combine academic rigour with the latest practical insights and cultural diversity.
- Supported by the extensive expertise of our Office for Teaching, Learning and Innovation to accommodate sophisticated blended teaching methods.
The teaching staff in the Brussels School of Governance is a unique mixture of renowned EU scholars and top-level EU practitioners who combine academic rigour with the latest practical insights and cultural diversity.
The EuroMaster offers a common core of 4 mandatory courses on the essential features of European Integration.
After these 4 mandatory courses, students have to take 2 pre-selected specialisation options, to be chosen from the list of 5 below:
- European Economy
- Migration and Europe
- European External Relations and Security Policy
- European Environmental Governance
- Digitalisation and Europe *NEW*
Students also have to complete a Master Thesis.
Scholarships and Funding
Applications and scholarships
The programme offers a number of scholarships that take the form of a reduced tuition fee. These are awarded on the basis of academic merit and demonstrable need. Students should apply for the tuition waiver when submitting their application for the programme - waiver applications should be submitted by 15 April at the latest. Visit our website for details on how to apply.