Master of Fashion Styling and Communication
IED – Istituto Europeo di Design Madrid
18 Dec 2024
Earliest start date
The Fashion Styling and Communication Masters degree form professionals that will be capable to come up with new fashion visual proposals (styling, creative direction, fashion film, etc.) as well as developing contemporary communication, branding, and marketing strategies for existing fashion companies. It is a theoretical and practical training that brings the student closer to the realities of the professional market through a series of collaborations with different fashion brands (luxury & high street, showrooms, vintage, agencies, etc), where they will acquire the necessary skills to tackle the new challenges in the fashion sector.
With its mixed format, this degree will allow all students to learn, participate, and be part of the IED community in person, in physical and virtual classrooms, and remotely.
Those who are interested in the world of fashion and its processes, as well as graduates or holders of diplomas in communications, Marketing and PR or journalism looking for specific training in the field of Fashion and Communications.
Potential Career Paths
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Editor
- Creative Director
- Content Creator
- Visual Merchandising
- Communications Account Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Fashion PR
- Fashion Journalist / Writer
- Art Director
- Learn about the historical, ethical, social, and cultural aspects of fashion to build a solid foundation for academic and work projects.
- Learn how to identify the sources of suitable references to work on them properly.
- Understand, at a deep level, the functioning of the current fashion sector as a whole.
- Develop artistic-conceptual skills around the creation of the fashion image.
- Promote personal analysis, in terms of image and fashion communication, to carry out an appropriate self-branding, which can be applied to collaborating brands.
- Acquire knowledge about current communication, branding, and marketing strategies, and learn to propose innovative ideas in the near future.
- Master the digital tools necessary for the development of projects and learn to hold professional conversations in the workplace.
- Internalize all aspects related to sustainability in the broadest sense of the concept and its application.