Master in Financial Analyst (CFA Program Partner) HSE University
Ambitious recent graduates and professionals who want to be the first in the area of finance are welcome to apply for the program. The program offers a number of competitive advantages, including:
- Acquaintance with best global practices presented by HSE faculty, CFA Charterholders, FRM, ACCA holders, and top executives in the industry;
- 75% of all three levels of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge;
- Training in ethical and professional standards developed by the CFA Institute;
- Opportunities to pursue careers with Russian and international financial institutions, i.e., banks, investment, hedge & pension funds, rating agencies, consulting groups, insurance, and audit companies, industry;
The program offers two study tracks, where the study process is fully in English or in Russian. We consider an international applicant’s documents for the track with the English language instruction by default. Certainly, you can choose to study in Russian.
Founded in 1995 as a structural division of HSE, the Banking Institute has offered a wide range of graduate and post-graduate programs in the fields of banking, finance, investment, management, and law over the years. These have included special corporate programs for governmental agencies, private companies, commercial banks, and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, as well as more than 50 customized programs and short-term courses.
The Financial Analyst Master’s program provides a balance of theory and case study in courses taught by HSE academic staff who are experts in their fields, as well as outstanding guest speakers from various Russian and global institutions, including CFA Charterholders. Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree and a strong background in economics, finance, or mathematics. The program is conducted entirely in English.
In 2012, the Financial Analyst Master’s program was recognized by the CFA Institute, the USA as a Program Partner. Two educational programs of the Banking Institute – MBA in Investment Management and MA Financial Analyst – are currently the only programs in Russia and the CIS to have been recognized by the CFA Institute as Program Partners.
CFA Institute requirements state that CFA Partner Program status is awarded to a limited number of select institutions whose degree programs cover 75% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™, including ethical and professional standards. To comply with the high CFA standards, the program is updated annually using actual CFA textbooks and current global practices.
The Financial Analyst Master’s program is designed for young specialists looking to obtain new knowledge in the fields of investment and financial analysis, as well as gain familiarity with best global practices as presented by the CFA Institute.
- Annual scholarships are awarded to students of CFA Program Partner. Each scholarship covers 70% of the exam registration fees (for Level I, II, and III CFA exams).
- The program is updated annually, using actual CFA textbooks and current global practices.
- Courses are delivered by HSE lecturers who are experts in their fields and outstanding guest speakers from various institutions in Russia and abroad, including CFA, FRM, and ACCA shareholders.
- Students can participate in a number of international student exchange programs, including the Erasmus+ International Mobility Program.
- All courses are taught entirely in English.