Founded in 1990 as International College, Hodges University has established itself as one of the premier private universities in the state of Florida. The name was changed to Hodges University in May 2007 to honor a generous gift by Earl and Thelma Hodges, long-time residents of Naples and avid supporters of the institution.
At Hodges our mission is to offer Associate, Baccalaureate and Graduate degrees as well as other programs that enhance the ability of students to achieve personal or professional objectives. To accomplish this mission our schools offer a variety of academic programs online, on our Fort Myers and Naples campuses and at Learning Sites on the campuses of several colleges in Florida.
Hodges University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Bachelor's, and Master's degrees.
To achieve its mission, Hodges University supports the following principles:
- Hodges University is a teaching institution that emphasizes the practical application and advancement of knowledge in career-oriented programs.
- Hodges University is a student-centered institution of higher learning that primarily focuses on the needs of adult and nontraditional learners.
- Hodges University provides contemporary and innovative programs, experiential delivery systems, and online learning.
- Hodges University provides quality student services that meet the educational, personal, career, and social needs of its students.
- Hodges University encourages professional development and scholarly activity among its faculty and staff.
- Hodges University encourages and supports cultural diversity and inclusion, as well as civic, social, and environmental responsibility.
- Hodges University provides a healthy, safe, and secure environment for all members of the campus community.
- Hodges University, as a non-profit institution of higher learning, serves as an educational and community resource for Southwest Florida.