MSc in Construction Project Management Heriot-Watt University Dubai
There is a very high level of demand for qualified construction project managers in the global construction industry. This programme produces qualified project managers of the quality required by the UK, Middle Eastern and global construction industries, both in terms of their immediate ability to perform and their longer-term strategic potential. Taught from the perspective of construction project management, with principles that apply far beyond this sector, the programme provides students with access to both a solid theoretical base and current and future strategies in practical project management.
The programme is accredited by both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Full-time students undertake four courses in semester one and a further four courses in semester two.
Taught courses include:
- Project Management: Theory and Practice
- Contracts and Procurement
- Project Management: Strategic Issues
- Value and Risk Management
- People and Organisational Management
- Construction Financial Management
- Construction Practices and Information Technology
- Sustainability in Civil Engineering (optional)
- Construction Technology (optional)
In addition to these taught courses, students pursuing the Master's qualification undertake a research project. Students can study individual courses to meet the continuing professional learning requirements of the built environment professions.