MSc in Artificial Intelligence
Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Academic City, United Arab Emirates
1 - 2 year
AED 85,050 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* rolling admission
** all tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Our MSc in Artificial Intelligence aims to impart the understanding and skills to develop intelligent software applications, such as those involving evolutionary computation and learning.
Students will develop skills in specialist areas with clear applications in industry, including data mining, pattern recognition and machine learning. The MSc project in some cases can be carried out in collaboration with an outside industrial or academic organisation.
This programme is accredited by the BCS, the chartered institute of IT.
Full-time students take 4 courses each semester and must normally take all core courses.
- Biologically Inspired Computation
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Masters project and dissertation
- 3D Graphics and Animation
- Advanced Interaction Design
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Computer Games Programming
- Software Engineering Foundations
- Big Data Management
- Intelligent Robotics
After semester 2, students continue full-time on the MSc project.
In the third semester (May-August) students undertake a specialist MSc project which is written up as a 15000-word dissertation. This project enables further development and consolidation of skills introduced in the taught courses, applying them to a challenging practical problem in this subject area.