MSc in Applied Geography
Georgia Southern University
USD 9,406 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* Out-of-state tuition: $9,406 per semester.
Master of Science, Applied Geography – Statesboro
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours
The Master of Science degree with a major in Applied Geography prepares graduates for advanced study, meaningful employment, and life-long learning. The program’s applied focus nurtures a culture of engagement, providing students with hands-on learning opportunities and helping students from a variety of academic disciplines apply their classroom knowledge to real-world situations.
The increasing demand for readily available, consistent, accurate, complete, and current geographic information and the widespread availability and use of advanced geospatial technologies offer excellent career opportunities for our graduates.
Indeed, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that overall employment demand for geospatial technologists will grow by a minimum of 20% over the next decade. The M.S. in Applied Geography offers students a diverse array of field experiences including:
- Analyzing climate change impacts on barrier islands
- Utilizing geospatial data and methods to address urban and environmental issues
- Mapping and monitoring coastal habitats using remote sensing data
- Applying urban forestry to meet sustainable development goals
- Examining ecotourism, sustainability, and environmental change in Latin America
- Developing warning systems for hydrometeorological hazards in the Dolomite Alps in Italy
The program, therefore, prepares students for professional opportunities in a multitude of fields including: regional and transportation planning, the geospatial-intelligence industry, market analysis, meteorology/climatology, natural and human-made hazards, public health, logistics, resource management, and sustainable development.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.