Master of Business and Management
Global Banking School, Malta
Saint Julian's, Malta
EUR 7,000 / per year
Earliest start date
Start your journey to becoming an impactful leader in the future with our MA Business and Management course. You will be immersed in a year-long masterclass on what defines success in modern business management, delivering exceptional returns on your investment.
Become a business leader of the future on this challenging and diverse course. The advanced programme of study will develop your commercial acumen, knowledge, and professional skills, and is ideal for anyone looking to secure a credible postgraduate qualification in Business and Management.
This Master’s in Business and Management course allows you to engage with the latest business procedures and strategies while teaching you how to apply your new knowledge and insights in a modern workplace. You will gain important managerial, planning, and analytical skills, and the ability to specialize in a specific subject area relevant to your present or future profession, which will help you stand out from others in your field.
This degree enables you to tackle the social, political, environmental, and cultural challenges that modern businesses, governments, and non-profit organizations face. You will acquire capabilities that are in high demand, as you learn under the guidance of world-class industry experts and researchers.
Furthermore, you will be able to immediately apply the skills you acquire in your career, adding to the success of a business. This course helps you take your career potential to the next level with the skills and knowledge to operate more successfully in your profession after completing this postgraduate qualification. You can begin your journey to becoming an impactful leader in the future with our MA in Business and Management program. You will be engaged in a year-long course on what success in modern corporate management entails, providing great returns on your overall investment.
Scholarships and Funding
GBS Malta is offering students access to the Malta Get Qualified Scheme, enabling students to benefit from tax credits that help lower overall study costs. This scheme is highly valuable, giving back 70% of tuition fees after graduation.
Credits needed to earn the degree
|ECTS Credits||UK Credits|
|90 ECTS||180 Credits|
This course includes or offers the following modules
- Marketing Management (15 credits)
- Financial and Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
- Sustainability (15 credits)
- Managing People (15 credits)
- Governance, Ethics, and Risk Management (15 credits)
- Digital Marketing (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation / Consultancy Project (60 credits)
All our programs are offered in the English language and all module credits are UK.
Subject-specific Skills and Knowledge
- The Business Environment: to critically analyze a wide range of the interrelated complex global forces (economic, social, ethical, political, ecological, technological, and regulatory) that shape contemporary organizations, and anticipate and discover new and emergent forces.
- Organisations: to systematically and critically interrogate the way a range of complex organizations work and the theoretical underpinning relevant to their inception, growth, development, and decline.
- Strategy: to critically evaluate key strategic developments and approaches in a range of core business functions such as marketing, managing people, finance, governance, and risk management, alongside the barriers to development and achievement of strategic aims and sustainability.
- Critically evaluate a variety of international business and management-related knowledge, practice, concepts, theories, and methods, many of which will be at the forefront of academic and business practice.
Cognitive and Intellectual Skills
- Apply established, new, and emerging research techniques to discover, innovate, and apply new knowledge in a selective array of core and specialist management functions, challenging accepted norms, and combining skills of critical analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
- Operate effectively individually and within a team, probably including as a leader, planning, and executing a range of projects and tasks in a logical, intelligent, and professional manner, critically reflecting on their own and others’ performance and development.
- Source and manage relevant, and potentially large and complex data relating to several core business and management disciplines; make judgments on discrepancies and absences of data appropriately; and creatively and systematically translate those data and judgments into sound management decisions.
- Reflect critically and constructively on various and complex ethical and social dilemmas at a local, national, and global level.
Skills for Life and Work
- Autonomous learning (including time management) that demonstrates the exercise of initiative, personal responsibility, and decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations and the independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
- Team working skills necessary to succeed in the global workplace, with an ability both to work in and probably lead teams effectively, as well as the ability to act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional or equivalent level.
- Communication skills that show the ability to communicate clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences’ knowledge at, or informed by, the forefront of the academic discipline, field of study, or area of professional practice, and the conclusions drawn from dealing with complex issues systematically.
- IT skills and digital literacy that demonstrate the ability to develop new skills to a high level and to approach complex issues systematically and creatively.
This Master’s programme is designed to prepare you for a wide range of occupations in general management across all industry sectors and the international environment.
Career paths after the course
- Senior management roles in all sectors
- Management training
- Management consultancy
- Strategic roles in any context