Master of Business Administration in Leadership
Global Banking School, Malta
Saint Julian's, Malta
EUR 8,000 / per year
Earliest start date
This demanding Masters of Business Administration: Leadership course will challenge you on the path to discovering your full potential, as you prepare to launch your global career in executive leadership and strategy. You’ll dive into topics that matter at the highest level and issues faced by today’s top business leaders.
If you are looking for a career-enhancing course that will open the door to executive and management-level career opportunities, then our MBA degree in Leadership is for you. The course will challenge you and develop your talent and potential as a creative, innovative, and inspiring business leader.
Our Master of Business Administration in Leadership is designed for professionals seeking to advance their careers in leadership or entrepreneurs looking to start their new ventures. This postgraduate course provides a well-rounded education guided by subject matter experts — helping students build their business acumen, leadership ability, and other key skills in business administration. The course prepares individuals to excel in significant roles within leading organizations and make strategic decisions that drive success.
Students will be provided with a comprehensive understanding of both business fundamentals and leadership principles, equipping them with the necessary skills to manage teams, drive innovation, and apply new ideas to take businesses to the next level.
Through theoretical knowledge, practical case studies, and experiential learning, students gain insights into various leadership styles, communication techniques, and organizational dynamics.
With a Master of Business Administration (Leadership) from GBS Malta, graduates are well-prepared to take on leadership roles across industries, inspiring and motivating others to achieve organizational success. Moreover, it will help students expand their business knowledge, analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication abilities.
Scholarships and Funding
GBS Malta is offering students access to the Malta Get Qualified Scheme, enabling students to benefit from tax credits that help lower overall study costs. This scheme is highly valuable, giving back 70% of tuition fees after graduation.
Credits needed to earn the degree
|ECTS Credits||UK Credits|
|90 ECTS||180 Credits|
This course includes the following core modules
- Leading, Managing, and Developing People (15 credits)
- Strategic Management (15 credits)
- Leading Change and Innovation (15 credits)
- Governance and Risk Management (15 credits)
- Strategic Marketing Management (15 credits)
- Corporate Financial Management (15 credits)
- Project Management (15 credits)
- Professional Development Portfolio (15 credits)
- Leadership Project (60 credits)
All our programs are offered in the English language and all module credits are UK.
Subject-specific Skills and Knowledge
- An ability to critically assess how the relationship between leading, managing, and developing people is inherently connected to team/organizational dynamics; fostering resilience and high performance in teams and individuals; and strategic workforce planning.
- An extensive understanding of how an organization’s vision, culture, and values intersect with the wider contexts of internal and external environments; diversity and sustainability; new trends, and emerging market strategies.
- An ability to analyze the ways in which individual leaders, teams, and organizations understand and are responsive to innovation and change; creativity in the enterprise; and new ways of working about shifting internal and external contexts.
- A comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the development of new enterprises and opportunities; corporate social responsibility and ethics; regulatory frameworks and environments; risk management and business continuity; sustainable development and organizational resilience.
- A critical awareness of how financial assumptions, financial strategy, and financial management underpin and intersect with organizational culture, vision, and strategy; and with business continuity, sustainable development, and risk appetite.
- An extensive understanding of how key global issues and challenges such as ethics, equality and diversity, sustainability, and social responsibility relate to current theories and practices in leadership and management.
- An ability to conduct and present focused and sector-relevant research into leadership and management through research/project conception and design; the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative evidence; synthesis, reporting, evaluation, and professional reflection.
Cognitive and Intellectual Skills
- To present coherent, concise, engaging, and stakeholder-appropriate reports, case studies, evaluations, etc., based on evidence from relevant real-world examples and best practices, and scholarly and sector reading and research.
- To undertake self-directed research across a range of academic disciplines and professional practical areas and use a variety of sources and appropriate methodologies to investigate broad areas and more specific topics.
- To operate effectively in the planning, executing, and evaluation of a range of tasks and projects in a logical, knowledgeable, and professional manner.
- To plan, complete, and evaluate a range of relevant real-world examples, relating these to appropriate research, critical thinking, theoretical and practical contexts, and current professional practice.
- To deal creatively and systematically with complex issues.
- To analyze and solve problems, and make evidence-based, well-founded decisions in unpredictable or challenging situations.
- To demonstrate the importance of developing collaborative relationships within teams and organizations, and externally; of establishing, maintaining, and expanding professional networks; and of ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Skills for Life and Work
- Autonomous learning (including time management) that demonstrates the exercise of initiative, personal responsibility, and decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations and the independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
- Team working skills necessary to succeed in the global workplace, with an ability both to work in and lead teams effectively, as well as the ability to act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional or equivalent level.
- Communication skills that show the ability to communicate clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences’ knowledge at, or informed by, the forefront of the academic discipline, field of study, or area of professional practice, and the conclusions drawn from dealing with complex issues systematically.
- IT skills and digital literacy that demonstrate the ability to develop new skills to a high level and to approach complex issues systematically and creatively.
On successful completion of the course, you will be engaged in a distinctive program of business education. You will be equipped with in-depth specialist and general theory and understanding of the changing business environment. You will also be able to develop enterprising behavior through professional and personal development and empower yourself to use a range of tools to communicate and collaborate, understanding and applying digital technologies and developing professional networks.
Finally, you will develop an understanding of the nature of the global forces that shape contemporary organizations – economic, social, ethical, political, ecological, technological, and regulatory. The embedded real-world content and context-based assessment in this course will ensure that you leave with relevant experience, and executive-level skills, and will have further developed professional networks.
Career paths after the course
- Senior international management roles in all sectors and across industries
- International management consultancy
- Strategic roles in any sector, industry, or market