The Free University of Costa Rica, hereinafter ULICORI, was authorized by the National Council of Private Higher Education (CONESUP) in session 211-93, on February 11, 1993. As a House of Higher Studies at the service of the well-being of the individual and the strengthening of civil society guides its academic and educational work in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Institutional Values enshrined in its Organic Statute.
- Promote and develop research, education and social development activities in the country and other countries of the isthmus.
- Provide university education in an environment that allows the expression of all currents of thought and full respect for the dignity of the human person.
- Stimulate cultural development through knowledge of letters, science, philosophy and technology.
- To train professionals and humanists to contribute to the transformations demanded by national development.
- Spread the ideals of peace, progress, social justice and respect for human rights, in order to contribute to the formation of a social conscience based on these values.
- Strengthen cultural and educational exchange and join the integral development tasks of the country.