Master of Science in Hospitality Management with Specialization in Mega and Large Scale Events Florida International University
Advance YOUR career in hospitality with a M.S. in Hospitality Management, Specialization in Mega Events
Join Us in Beautiful Miami, FL!
- Known as the MBA for the hospitality industry, students will gain specific managerial mastery to prepare them to work on the business side of a multibillion-dollar international industry.
- Opportunity to enhance your event management skills in producing events for over 10,000 attendees
- Courses focus on festivals, trade shows, major conventions, sports events, and concerts
- Larger events are more complicated, requiring:
- Additional security and facility concerns
- Budgetary & marketing pressures
- Gain specific managerial mastery to prepare you to work on the business side of the multi-billion dollar international hospitality industry
- Career-oriented degree program
- Perfect for students who want to advance in their careers or want to pivot to a hospitality career
- No industry experience or previous hospitality education required for admission
Why choose hospitality?
Hospitality is the world's largest industry and getting a degree in hospitality and tourism management offers many opportunities in exciting and high-paying careers in all sectors of society, including: careers in hotel management, restaurant operations, beverage management, real estate management, event and entertainment management and tourism.
Students can work and run cruise lines, airlines, resorts, hotels, restaurants, entertainment and sports venues, night clubs and all kinds of businesses with a hospitality bachelor's or master's degree.
While studying at FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, students can get a head start on their careers through a number of one-of-a-kind opportunities, such as helping to run the largest gourmet gathering in the world, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival®.
Why choose The Chaplin School?
The Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University (FIU) is ranked a Top 10 program among U.S. public universities and 35th in the world best school for tourism and hospitality.
Our students are the only ones in the country to help run the world’s premier wine and food festival, The Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF®) and have access to major global corporations, such as:
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
- Bacardi USA
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Marriott International
- Burger King
Our beautiful Biscayne Bay campus is located right on the water. Students who choose FIU hospitality have access to expert faculty, a rich curriculum, and fast-track career opportunities - resulting in more than 80% of our students employed upon graduation.
The Marriott Tianjin China Program is FIU’s largest international program.
Core requirements – 33 credits
- Hospitality and Tourism Industry Research Analysis: 3
- Hospitality and Tourism Technology Innovations: 3
- Financial Management for the Hospitality Industry: 3
- Hospitality Law Seminar: 3
- Global Issues in Hospitality and Tourism: 3
- Strategic Management for Hospitality and Tourism: 3
- Graduate Practicum: 3
- Event Feasibility: 3
- Event Marketing and Sponsorship: 3
- Event Safety & Security Planning: 3
- Mega Events Management:3
Hot Careers in Hospitality & Tourism Management
Make the connection between academic experience and the desired career path with guidance from the Chaplin School’s dedicated career advisors. The career development program offers dedicated appointments with an advisor, access to industry partners and career opportunities, as well as networking opportunities and resume & interview workshops. Roughly 90% of our students are employed upon graduation!
Off Campus Work Experience
- International students can take advantage of off-campus employment at the start of their Master's program under Curricular Practical Training.
- Additional 1-year of OPT upon graduation
Hiring partners have made an annual commitment to hiring students as interns or as full-time employees.
- Royal Caribbean International
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
- Groot Hospitality
- The Walt Disney Company
- Loews Hotel
- Compass Group
- Mandarin Oriental (The Hotel Group)
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Accor Hotels
- Four Seasons
- FontaineBleau Miami Beach
- Enterprise Holdings
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Pristine events
- Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants
Scholarships and Funding
FIU students have options when it comes to funding their education. In addition, students admitted into the Chaplin School can apply to be considered for internal and external Hospitality Management scholarships.
Hospitality Graduate Scholarship
- $5000 scholarship offered to out-of-state and international students to six students per year
Discounts and sponsorships
- A military/veteran discount is available for online graduate programs at the Chaplin School. Corporate sponsorship is also available for employees who qualify.
Latin American and Caribbean Graduate Fellowship
- Awards include a $1,000 annual stipend and a tuition rate reduction to in-state for the academic year.
Program Tuition Fee
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.