MSc in Management European School of Economics
The Master in Management aims to provide students with a comprehensive view of international management, exploring the critical factors for cross-national business success, the impact of globalisation on the international business environment, trade theories, and internationalisation strategies.
As part of the Management specialisation, Master students explore:
- Entrepreneurial activity and its role in sustaining growth, identifying markets and seizing opportunity within a global economy
- Leadership and how effective practices impact employees, customers and other stakeholders
- The structures of information delivery and the impact on products, services, operations, decision-making, marketing, and distribution
- International project management new approaches to dealing with geographically dispersed groups of individuals and resources
- Crossing national borders in the business world, and the operational, legal and logistical problems that commonly occur
- Human resources, internal marketing and the dynamics of effective leadership as a strategic factor in gaining competitive advantage in the global market
- Practical examinations of the marketing strategies of international organisations.
Key Components of the Master Programme
- A choice of three specializations: Marketing, Management or Finance
- Full-time, compulsory attendance
- The possibility of transferring among campuses in London, Milan, Florence and Rome on a per term basis
- Three intakes per academic year January, April and September
- ESE’s competitive Internship Programme providing international work experience in the sector of specialization
- Compact class sizes which help faculty cultivate a mentor relationship with students and provide the individual attention needed to discover their special skills and succeed in their chosen pathway
What makes ESE a great place for students?
- A personal and tailored learning experience - at ESE you get an individual and exciting experience thanks to the small class size and excellent student/teacher ratio
- “The Dream is the most real thing there is” – ESE students develop a unique academic and professional pathway through their selected course specialisation and internship placement
- Pragmatism – hands-on experience in contemporary business practice through the comprehensive internship programme
- Internationality – student body originating from more than 60 nations and study abroad with ESE centres worldwide
- Specialisation in cutting-edge business sectors, including fashion, events, music, sport, art, media and human resources among others
- Great internships – ESE students can select from more than 1500 leading organisations around the world
Graduates from the MSc Possess
- A solid understanding of the global business environment, trading systems, and geo and sociopolitical influence on investments, trade, and the economic landscape
- Strong analytical skills and the capability to identify and assess strategic opportunities that may benefit an organization in both the domestic and international market
- The flexibility and creativity necessary to address challenges presented by a rapidly changing international business environment
- Cross-cultural communication skills, to effectively manage people, resources and information across cultural boundaries
- In-depth critical understanding of relevant theories, concepts and models and the integration of theory and practice in a variety of contexts
- Advanced enquiry and research skills, holistic thinking, integration and synthesis
- Team working and motivational skills
- Inner responsibility and self-inspection skills required for effective leadership.
The Master of Science (MSc) in Management is 12-15 months, full-time postgraduate degree programme. Master degree courses are taught in English and have a standard 180 UK credit/90 ECTS credit structure.
Completion of the Master degree programme requires:
- Full-time course attendance
- An internship placement
- Final dissertation
ESE's Internship Programme
ESE offers extensive and competitive internship programmes. The quality of the placement service is a result of the relationships that ESE has fostered with global companies over the years. This enables students to have excellent opportunities to enter the job market and gain exposure. The internships are structured, evaluated and recognised as an integral part of the course of study and provide each student with the opportunity to spend a period of time in a work environment consistent with the chosen specialization.
Working in collaboration with more than fifteen hundred leading international companies, including some of FORTUNE’S 100 Best Companies to Work For, the European School of Economics offers one of the most competitive university internship programmes available today.
Many students are offered jobs even before graduation. The Internship Department plays a crucial role in assisting students to identify their objectives and learn how to exert their full potential. It provides personalized and challenging internship placements worldwide at all ESE campuses.
Entrance into one of the Master programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:
- Completed Online Application form
- A good first (Undergraduate/Bachelor) degree (diploma and transcripts)
- Resume / CV + Personal Statement
- Two Recommendation Letters
- 6.5 IELTS, 90 iBT TOEFL or 232 CBT TOEFL** or Pearson English Qualification (TOEFL cannot be used for VISA PURPOSE in the UK)
- Photocopy of Passport/ ID document
- Three photographs (passport-sized)
Applications arriving without the appropriate fee will not be considered.
*All non-English documents must be officially translated
**ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the TOEFL exam) vary by location: ESE London is 15977, ESE Rome is 11610, ESE Milan is 15974, ESE Florence is 15976.
Candidates who have completed their studies in the English language (at least 2 years) are not required to present a language quali£cation (TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson).