MSc in Finance European School of Economics
The Master of Science in Finance prepares fund managers and professional investment analysts for entrance into the banking and finance sector. The course examines the principles of financing and investment decisions and their impact across a broad range of contemporary management concerns.
As part of the Finance specialisation, Master students explore:
- Classical and contemporary corporate financing approaches with respect to multinational firms in developed and developing markets
- The viability and appropriateness of corporate mergers or acquisitions through evaluation and analysis
- Value assessment and enterprise value
- Risk management and different theories and approaches for the multinational enterprise
- The necessity for new approaches to dealing with geographically dispersed groups of individuals as well as other resources in international project management
Key Components of the Master Programme
- A choice of three specializations: Marketing, Management or Finance
- Full-time, compulsory attendance
- The possibility of transferring among campuses in London, Milan, Florence and Rome on a per term basis
- Three intakes per academic year January, April and September
- ESE’s competitive Internship Programme providing international work experience in the sector of specialization
- Compact class sizes which help faculty cultivate a mentor relationship with students and provide the individual attention needed to discover their special skills and succeed in their chosen pathway
What makes ESE a great place for students?
- A personal and tailored learning experience - at ESE you get an individual and exciting experience thanks to the small class size and excellent student/teacher ratio
- “The Dream is the most real thing there is” – ESE students develop a unique academic and professional pathway through their selected course specialisation and internship placement
- Pragmatism – hands-on experience in contemporary business practice through the comprehensive internship programme
- Internationality – student body originating from more than 60 nations and study abroad with ESE centres worldwide
- Specialisation in cutting-edge business sectors, including fashion, events, music, sport, art, media and human resources among others
- Great internships – ESE students can select from more than 1500 leading organisations around the world
The Master of Science (MSc) in Finance is 12-15 months, full-time postgraduate degree programme. Master degree courses are taught in English and have a standard 180 UK credit/90 ECTS credit structure.
Completion of the Master degree programme requires:
- Full-time course attendance
- An internship placement
- Final dissertation
Graduates from the MSc Possess
- A solid understanding of the global business environment, trading systems, and geo and sociopolitical influence on investments, trade, and the economic landscape
- Strong analytical skills and the capability to identify and assess strategic opportunities that may benefit an organization in both the domestic and international market
- The flexibility and creativity necessary to address challenges presented by a rapidly changing international business environment
- Cross-cultural communication skills, to effectively manage people, resources and information across cultural boundaries
- In-depth critical understanding of relevant theories, concepts and models and the integration of theory and practice in a variety of contexts
- Advanced enquiry and research skills, holistic thinking, integration and synthesis
- Team working and motivational skills
- Inner responsibility and self-inspection skills required for effective leadership.
Entrance into one of the Master programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:
- Completed Online Application form
- A good first (Undergraduate/Bachelor) degree (diploma and transcripts)
- Resume / CV + Personal Statement
- Two Recommendation Letters
- 6.5 IELTS, 90 iBT TOEFL or 232 CBT TOEFL** or Pearson English Qualification (TOEFL cannot be used for VISA PURPOSE in UK)
- Photocopy of Passport/ ID document
- Three photographs (passport-sized)
Applications arriving without the appropriate fee will not be considered.
*All non-English documents must be officially translated
**ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the TOEFL exam) vary by location: ESE London is 15977, ESE Rome is 11610, ESE Milan is 15974, ESE Florence is 15976 .
Candidates who have completed their studies in the English language (at least 2 years) are not required to present a language quali£cation (TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson).