Master in Design and Art Direction
ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona
Earliest start date
"We will learn to generate relevant messages for consumers that connect them with brands."
Joan Cascante - Program Director
The Master in Design and Art Direction will allow you to manage each decision of a creative project, understand who we are addressing and the medium in which we communicate the message. The work of the director or art director must respond to a vision of creative and artistic direction , applying its own methodology.
This online Master offers you the opportunity to learn about clearly disruptive subjects and subjects , such as neuromarketing, where you will understand the emotion behind a typography or discover, for example, the enormous possibilities of working in environments as new as augmented reality or virtual reality .
The Master in Design and Art Direction will allow you to make an optimal transition from graphic designer or designer to art director or director, learn the keys to identify the target to whom we address according to the project, and acquire the communication skills to develop a art direction project
People who pass the evaluation of the program will obtain the double degree: ESDESIGN's own title and a title from the International University of Valencia (VIU), which will accredit them as professionals in the specialty studied.
The main objectives of this program are:
- Start writing Art Direction in capital letters.
- Update the spectrum of disciplines that an Art Director must know and coordinate today.
- Facilitate the professional transition from graphic designer to Art Director.
- Give a new approach to visual codes and languages from the point of view of the different targets and media to be used.
- Make available to students the latest scientific knowledge in neuromarketing, as well as other research and analysis tools.
- Value the emotional potential of typography in any Art Direction project.
- To train a new generation of Art Directors capable of managing projects in complex environments, as well as deepening the management of such projects from a Direction point of view and not just Art.
This Master is aimed at people who meet the following profile:
- Higher Graduates in Design
- Graduates in Communication and Advertising
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Marketing Graduates
- Professional or academic profiles with accredited experience who want to retrain and expand their knowledge.
In those cases that the student accredits higher studies prior to a process of accreditation of the University degree, the Academic Committee will evaluate the CV and portfolio of the candidate as well as the study plan studied, which must maintain a reasonable equivalence with the current degree studies of the same area.
Students who do this Master can develop their professional careers in the following areas:
- Marketing and communication departments of companies.
- Graphic and corporate branding studios, media agencies.
- Freelance professionals, entrepreneurs, startups, StartUps ...
- Agencies or advertisers strategic planning departments.
- Creative departments of advertising agencies.
- Advertising agency account departments.