MSc in Digital Transformation Management & Leadership
ESCP Business School
GBP 23,700 / per course
Earliest start date
The ability to embrace digital transformation and put it to work is becoming ever more important. In a fast-changing marketplace characterised by the drive towards Industry 4.0, digital transformation demands a new way of working and not just new technology. Just as essential as technological know-how is leadership.
The MSc in Digital Transformation Management & Leadership is an ideal platform for those interested in working in digital transformation and technology projects and settings, in both corporate and startup scenarios, including financial services, consulting, FMCG, manufacturing, marketing and other professional services affected by digital transformation.
The programme is specifically designed to help participants prepare for key roles in the management of business innovation, allowing them to meet the increasingly important yet complex business challenges related to digital transformation and frontier technologies.
You should consider joining this degree if you want to immerse yourself in a highly practical learning environment. Taking a non-traditional business education approach while maintaining academic rigour, this degree incorporates many hands-on, real-life projects to ensure you are ready to hit the ground running in the digital transformation and technology setting when you graduate.
Through a combination of company consultancy projects, practical seminars and interactive lectures, you will learn about the business of AI, Big Data, 3D Printing, IoT, Social Media, Blockchain and Robotics; as well as the processes linked to these technologies, such as automation, business analytics, project management, financing and more.
The programme will also enable you with the key skills and competencies required to thrive in the future job market such as creative thinking, leadership, emotional intelligence, complex problem-solving, critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills, and personal brand cultivation, ensuring you stand out from the crowd in the increasingly competitive job market.
- 51 Participants
- 25 Nationalities
- 55%/45% Male / Female
- 25 Average age (Ranging 21-34)
- 3 Years average work experience (ranging 1.5-8 years)
Based on October 2022 intake participants.
Who is this Programme For?
This master program is designed for anyone who wants to:
- Develop a deep understanding of how major frontier technologies work, as well as their business, economic, and social impacts.
- Get the right mix of business intelligence and digital skill sets to become future leaders and executives, being able to manage both people and machines.
- Gain a competitive edge in digitalisation or digital transformation environments.
- Manage digital business processes and acquire the knowledge and skills needed to support digital transformation initiatives.
- Develop new thinking and insights into how to lead and thrive in the digital era.
The skills, knowledge and mindset acquired during the programme will prepare you to enter fast-changing business environments with the essential competencies in managing and leading digital transformation.
The MSc in Digital Transformation Management & Leadership curriculum is designed to fulfil four main objectives:
Cognitive skills & Leadership
Develop the key skills and competencies required for the future of work in the digital era, where certain human qualities play an increasingly important role.
Get a thorough understanding of digital technologies and what impact frontier technologies have on different business operations.
Obtain the critical business survival kit by examining the various management tools and techniques in running transformation programmes
Get practical experience in managing real-life digital transformation projects.
October - June: London (6 months) and Paris (3 months)
Students on the MSc in Digital Transformation Management & Leadership programme have 9 months of full-time, on-campus study in London (October to March) and Paris (April to June), followed by 9 months of professional experience (July to April) that be completed anywhere in the world.
Throughout the programme you will study the following subjects:
- Quantitative Methods*
- Accounting & Finance*
- Ethics: Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance
*These six modules are compulsory only for candidates with 180 ECTS. They run in an online format between July and September prior to the London terms. Candidates may obtain partial or full exemption from attending these modules based on their previous working experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to exempt candidates based on their previous undergraduate studies.
Cognitive Skills & Leadership
- Megatrends: Understanding How the Future Unfolds
- Leadership & Cultural and Emotional Intelligence
- Creative Thinking
- Social, Political and Ethical Dimensions in Digital Transformation
- Business of Frontier Technologies 1 (Artificial Intelligence, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain)
- Industry 4.0
- Big Data & Business Analytics
- Business of Frontier Technologies 2 (AI, Machine Learning, 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing, Robotics, Internet of Things, Blockchain)
- Digital Transformation & Business Strategy
- Change Management
- Management in the Era of Digital Transformation
- Management of the Digital Transformation Process
- Project Management
- Company Consultancy Project (12 weeks)
- NetExplo Self-study Online Certificate (6h)
- Trading Room (3h)
- Industry Research Report
- Digital Placement (in-company internship / direct employment) – minimum 4 months
- Marketing (6h)
- Personal Transformation (18h)
- Financial Management (6h)
- Social Media Technology (6h)
- Communication Skills (3h)
- Coding (20h)
- Agile Management (6h)
*Workshops are subject to annual change
You will also be able to choose one specialisation track to deepen your understanding of the effect digital transformation has on certain industries, the economy and the society at large.
Track 1: Financial Services
- Financial Markets, Institutions & Regulations
Track 2: Consulting in Digital Transformation Strategy
- Operations Strategy and Management
- Talent Management in the Digital Age
- Develop a deep understanding of how major frontier technologies work, as well as their business, economic and social impacts
- Get the right mix of business intelligence and digital skillsets to become future leaders and executives, being able to manage both people and machines
- Gain a competitive edge in the digitalisation or digital transformation environments
- Manage digital business processes and acquire the knowledge and skills needed to support digital transformation initiatives
- Develop new thinking and insights into how to lead and thrive in the digital era
Program Tuition Fee
This programme is driven by employment trends and will suit individuals who are looking to enter strategic and holistic roles related to technologies across many industries.
The programme would be suitable for anyone considering a career in:
- Project Management
- Digital Business Strategy
- Business/Market Analysis
- Technology Management
- Change Management
- Entrepreneurship and Start-Ups
- Product Management
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.