Global Sport Business Master ESBS - European Sport Business School
Be a part of the group of leaders who are transforming the sports industry.
For two years you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unforgettable learning experience, getting to know and learning about the management of organizations, events, and sports facilities from a global and purely technological perspective.
A master’s program entirely in English, in which you will visit cities in three continents (America, Asia, and Europe) and you will go deep into the digital world and the technological advances of the industry, with the support of the GSIC powered by Microsoft.
Get ready to work in an exciting industry, like sports, which generates 1,79% of Europe’s GDP and has more than 1,8 million jobs in the European Union alone in 2018 according to Eurostat.
With this program you will get two qualifications:
- Global Sports Business Master (RNCP 7) 120 ECTS from AMOS.
- Master Junior in Digital Transformation of Sports Entities from ESBS and GSIC powered by Microsoft.
The program is offered on-site in Madrid or in Paris.
- The digital transformation modules will be carried out entirely online (streaming and on-demand sessions).
- 6 months of guaranteed internships in sports organizations.
- The program lasts for two academic years.
Year 1: September to June: Academic trip to China and Germany.
Year 2: September to June: Academic trip to Chicago (USA) and 6 months of work experience in sports organizations.
First Academic Year
Module: Sports Events
- Conception and logistics
- Human resources and budgeting
- Security and accreditation
- Public Relations
Module: Sports Products
- Product Design and Branding
- Consumer Market Research
Module: Strategic Finance, Accounting, and Entrepreneurship
- Financial management in sport organization
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Strategic business planning
Module: Focus Europe
- European Governance & Regulation
- Sports Integrity & Ethics
- Olympic Studies
Module: Study Trip in Germany
- Market research final presentation
- Introduction – ISPO Munich
Module: Personal Development
- Personal Development & Career Enhancement
Module: Digital Transformation (Gsic Powered by Microsoft)
- Introduction to digital transformation
- Digital transformation plan
- New Business
Module: Supply Chain Management
- Retail, distribution & international trade
- Supply chain
Module: Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement (Gsic Powered by Microsoft)
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Fan engagement
- Market research
Module: Professional Experience
- Professional experiences
Module: Focus Asia
- Doing business in Asia
- Sustainability in the sport industry
- Chinese Customs, tradition, and language
Module: Study Trip to China
Second Academic Year
- Sales strategies
- Salesforce management
- Sports Agent & contract law
Module: Sports Analytics (Gsic Powered by Microsoft)
- Introduction to statistics Applied to sports
- Practical case
- Data suppliers, analysis, and presentation
Module: Big Data and Business Analytics (Gsic Powered by Microsoft)
- Introduction to Big Data in the sports industry and CRM
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Power Bi
- Data analysis, modeling, and presentation
Module: International Career
- Career environment in the USA
Module: Global Leadership
- Global people management
- Intercultural leadership
- International risk & crisis management
Module: Focus USA
- Doing business in the USA
- Emerging sports in the USA
- Sport franchises
Module: Study Trip to Chicago
Module: Thesis and Final Project (Gsic Powered by Microsoft)
- Follow-up and final report
With a student-centered practical and experiential methodology, this master's degree is characterized by being:
- 100% practical.
- A quarter of the program is carried out through internships in sports organizations (6 months of work experience through internships and 18 months of classes).
- 100% of the teaching staff are professionals from the sports industry.
Through this master’s degree, you will obtain the tools and knowledge of sports management, which will prepare you for the management of sports organizations, facilities, and sporting events in a global environment, with a practical and technological approach.
A master’s degree will give you the precise tools to identify business opportunities in the sports industry, where you will work on the management skills needed to undertake and lead.