MSc in Economics and Business - Specialisation in Health Economics Erasmus School of Economics - Erasmus University Rotterdam
Does reading about the rapidly rising costs of health care make you want to do something about it? Would you like to apply economic and quantitative skills to achieve this? The Health Economics programme provides you with the concepts and techniques needed to face the sector’s challenges in the 21st century.
You will gain insight in the peculiarities of a sector where the supply side (doctors) is not driven by maximising profits and the value of the demanded good, health, is subject of debate. Get ready to discuss issues such as:
- How can we address problems caused by rising medical costs and population aging?
- How can we benefit optimally from advances in medical technology?
- How far should solidarity go and where does personal responsibility start?
Why study Health Economics in Rotterdam?
Rotterdam is a vibrant, multicultural city that is at the forefront of exciting developments in industry, logistics, science, culture and architecture. Here you find one of the leading centres for health economic research and teaching in Europe. Our programme, which is a cooperation between Erasmus School of Economics and Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management, was one of the very first master studies in the world for this discipline of economics.
Here you will have access to:
- A degree that is internationally valued in both the public and the private sector
- Inspiring lecturers who publish regularly in leading academic journals
- An international classroom and a cosmopolitan atmosphere
- A network in health and academia that is second to none.