Master of Education
Edith Cowan University
Mount Lawley, Australia
Distance Learning, On-Campus
Request info *
Earliest start date
* direct applications
Provides an opportunity for motivated professionals concerned with educational practice to undertake advanced coursework in a field of particular interest.
The course provides students with knowledge and understandings across a range of specialist areas suited to each student's needs and choices.
Specialisations you can study in this course
- Catholic Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Leading Education
- Learning Difficulties
- Literacy Education
- Special Education
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Behaviour and Wellbeing
- Semester 1: Study full-time at Mount Lawley or Online
- Semester 2: Study full-time at Mount Lawley or Online
Accelerated online mode
Early Childhood Education and Leading Education specialisations can be completed in 16 months via Accelerated online mode.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|EDU6160||Leading Education in a Global Context||15|
|EDU6170||Assessment in Education: Policies, Pedagogy and Equity||15|
|Unit from Specialisation||x 4||60|
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to critique educational strategies and practices and synthesise complex ideas in authentic situations.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to contributions to professional practice/scholarship.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of education knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery of educational research.
- Use high-level self-management skills to plan a substantial project.
This course will support graduates in professional advancement as teachers, leaders and administrators.
Possible future job titles
Principal, Teaching Coordinator, School Leader, School Administrator, Level 3 School Teacher, Lecturer.