MASTER OF BIOSTATISTICS Duke University School of Medicine
As biomedical research becomes increasingly quantitative and complex, a need exists for individuals who possess exceptional analytic skills, a strong foundation in human biology, and the ability to effectively communicate statistical principles to multi-disciplinary research teams. Demand is particularly high for individuals formally trained in biostatistics.
Biostatisticians work as collaborative scientists, providing expertise in the statistical methods that form the evidential basis of modern biomedical research. Whether it's uncovering the genetic origins of disease, determining optimal drug therapies for patients, or studying the strategies to reduce health care costs without compromising the quality of patient care - biostatisticians engage in intellectually stimulating projects focused on the improvements of human health.
Duke University Medical Center is a world-class medical research institution that provides the ideal setting for training biostatisticians to gain exposure to state-of-the-art biostatistical methodology in the context of cutting edge science research. Our program ensures that Duke graduates are not only prepared for today's science, but will also be well-positioned to tackle tomorrow's challenges.
Duke's Master of Biostatistics Program is unique in its balanced focus on three core competencies: analysis, biology, and communication. All faculty members in the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Duke are actively engaged in research, with projects collectively spanning a broad array of biomedical research areas. The faculty practice exactly what they teach and are dedicated to ensuring that students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed as biostatisticians.
The Master of Biostatistics is a two-year degree program designed to provide students with the analytical, biological, and communication skills that will ensure successful contribution to the rapidly-expanding field of biomedical research.
- A dynamic approach that integrates analytical skills, biological knowledge, and communication proficiency
- Early engagement with clinical and translational investigators
- Active, learner-centered curriculum
- Demonstration and practice in authentic research environments
- Our Principal Students
- Those who are interested in biology, medicine, and other related fields
- Those who are comfortable with mathematics
- Those who desire to work with leading researchers in a vibrant biomedical research environment
- Those who seek to begin or further a challenging career
- Those who care about improving health