Master of Law
Dalian Maritime University
Liaoning Province, China, China
2 - 4 years
CNY 28,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* per year. Application Fee: 600 RMB.
(research orientation: maritime law/international law)
Cultivation Objective: Cultivate students to have solid theoretical foundation and specialized knowledge of Law Science, to know the research level and development direction of Law Science and the frontiers of this field at home and abroad, to master certain knowledge of related disciplines, to be capable of using theories and norms of law to solve problems with judicial practice, to be able to make creative research results, to read literature of Law in English without difficulties, to have good ability of writing, conducting international academic exchange, and doing oral communication skillfully.
Research orientation-Maritime Law: Maritime Law of China, Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, Charter Party, Maritime Law, Marine Insurance Act, Maritime Litigation and Arbitration, Compensation Law of Marine Pollution Damage, etc.
Research orientation-International Law: International Trade Law, Private International Law, International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration, International Investment Law, International Financial Law, International Technology Trade Law, etc.
- Applicants must be foreign citizens in good health.
- Applicants must be under the age of 40, have a valid passport and a Bachelor Degree. Documents required for application:
- Application Form for International Students to Study at Dalian Maritime University
- Photocopy of the personal information page of passport (photocopy of a valid Chinese visa is required to submit if an applicant is in China upon application)
- Notarized certificate of bachelor’s degree or Enrollment Certificate of bachelor’s degree study (applicable to this year’s graduates who haven’t received the degree certificate)
- Notarized all official undergraduate transcripts
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors
- Study Plan, including personal information, education background, work experience, and academic research proposal (no fewer than 2500 words in English)
- Internationally recognized certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC or other certificates)
Applicants without a certificate as above mentioned should pass English level test organized by DMU so as to be admitted to attend the master’s degree programs in English-medium.
The courses are mainly composed of compulsory courses (compulsory general education courses and compulsory core requirement courses), optional courses and academic paper. The total credits should be no less than 24.
The dissertation of master’s degree is composed of an opening report, intermediate inspection, and thesis defense. The application and procedures of thesis defense should follow The Implementation Regulations of Conferring Master’s or Doctoral Degree of Dalian Maritime University and The Provisions of the Application and Organization of Thesis Defense of Dalian Maritime University. A qualified dissertation should be logical, concise and coherent, having a clear conception, rigorous analysis, correct theoretical deduction, reliable data, economic and social benefits, and academic value. In addition, it should provide new insights into the field of study and show that the author is capable of doing scientific research and undertaking independently specialized technical work.