MSc in Environmental Management for Business
1 - 3 year
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* Home: £11,910 Overseas/EU: £26,580
Delivered in association with the globally-renowned Cranfield School of Management, this MSc is designed to prepare you for a successful and rewarding career reducing the negative environmental impacts in business, the public sector or NGOs. Through advanced theoretical knowledge and practical skills you will become equipped to positively address the urgent global demand for action by learning to critically evaluate complex environmental issues, develop effective strategies and lead their implementation to empower an effective and sustainable future.
Who is it for?
This course is open to students from a range of academic backgrounds, including science and engineering, business, and other social sciences, who wish to develop a successful and rewarding career in environmental management. Specifically designed to meet the demands of global employers, it will equip you with current thinking on environmental issues, the ability to develop effective environmental management strategies, and the leadership skills you will need to bring your ideas to life.
- Eight taught modules (five core, three elective) (40%).
- Group project or dissertation (20%).
- Individual research project (40%).
Informed by industry
The Environmental Management for Business MSc is closely aligned with industry to ensure that you are fully prepared for your new career.
- The teaching team are heavily involved in industrially-funded research and development, enabling you to benefit from real-world case studies throughout the course.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in application-focused and industrially-relevant individual and group projects focused on your personal interests and career aspirations.
- Accreditation by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) ensures that the course meets current professional standards.
- Our regular consultations with senior representatives of key industries on questions of course and curriculum design ensure that the programme continues to reflect the changing needs of employers.
With the current global focus on environmental issues and natural resource management, you can expect to be highly sought after by employers. Successful students develop diverse and rewarding careers in environmental and business consultancies, manufacturing and service industries, public sector organisations such as environmental protection agencies, together with non-governmental organisations.