Master of Science in Sport Management
Cardinal Stritch University
Earliest start date
* $765 per credit hour
This program is designed to prepare the student for careers in professional, collegiate, and not‐for‐profit athletics as well as wholesale/retail sporting goods, facility and event management, and health and fitness club management. The program can be completed in less than two years. The program offers a wide variety of courses that focus on all aspects of management in the sports industry.
The delivery mode for this 30 credit M.S. in Sports Management program is a face‐to‐face classroom setting in an accelerated cohort format. Each class is a three-credit offering lasting eight weeks. All classes meet one night per week from 6‐10 p.m. Classes meet continuously during a 12 month period. Students are eligible to start one of these tracks at the start of the fifth course and after attending orientation.
- Program Credits: 30
- Required Courses
- SSM 502 Social and Historical Aspects of Sports (3 credits)
- SSM 520 Sports Ethics and Leadership (3 credits)
- SSM 510 Sports Organization and Management (3 credits)
- SSM 512 Financial Aspects of Sports (3 credits)
- SSM 536 Sports Law (3 credits)
- SSM 542 Sports Facilities Management and Design (3 credits)
- SSM 544 Sports Marketing (3 credits)
- SSM 545 Public Relations in Sports (3 credits)
- SSM 506 Contemporary Issues in Sports (3 credits)
- SSM 549: Capstone: Strategic and Tactical Approaches to Sports Management (3 credits)
- Required Auxiliary Courses: none
- To qualify for admission to this program, students must have A bachelor's degree from a regionally‐accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 system (probationary acceptance may be granted).
- A completed application form.
- Three letters of recommendation, to include one professional, one academic, and one personal reference.
- Letters need to come directly from the individual writer, either mailed directly to the attention of Graduate Admission or submitted electronically to [email protected], and need to contain the writer's contact information (address, email, and phone) as well as a verifiable signature.
- Letters submitted by family members cannot be accepted.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A current resume.
- A professional goals statement (maximum of two pages, double‐spaced) identifying the student's qualifications and reasons for pursuing this degree.
- An interview with the Sports Science and Management Department program chair.
- To qualify for graduation from this program, students must:
- Complete the master's coursework with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 with no individual course grade below a "C" and no more than one course grade below a "B‐."
- Satisfactorily complete and publicly present their Capstone research.
- Satisfactorily complete the 220 clock hours of field experience with a sports organization.
- Satisfactorily pass the written and oral comprehensive examination. Obtain a recommendation for graduation from the program chair.
- Satisfactorily complete all program requirements within seven consecutive academic years.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.