The history of Campbell Business School began in 1892, when the Buies Creek Academy offered its first business course. The Business Department was subsequently established in 1893. Shortly thereafter, in 1896, the little school in the creek officially became the Buies Creek Academy and Commercial School to denote both the liberal arts and the business departments. Later, the school was renamed Campbell College to honor its founder, Leslie Campbell.
Since its founding, innovation has defined Campbell’s culture. In 1968, Campbell established the nation’s first undergraduate major in Trust and Wealth Management. This remarkable program was the first to formally prepare future professionals in the trust and wealth industry. Recognizing that extant trust professionals could also benefit from state-of-the-art continuing education, Campbell established the Southeastern Trust School, drawing life-long learners from across the nation to its annual seminars.