MA in Economics, Finance and Sustainability
Ca' Foscari University of Venice
Request info *
Earliest start date
* deadline for non-EU applicants
* depending on your nationality, yearly fees range from 700 to 2,499 euro
This Economics, Finance, and Sustainability trains experts who possess:
- a high command of mathematical-statistical tools and a solid theoretical-quantitative preparation;
- high knowledge of economic and financial analysis and economic policy;
- strong expertise in legal and market regulation;
- strong methodological-theoretical and modeling skills within the economic disciplines, both in the context of research and in the professional context, to analyze the complexities of contemporary society and to offer solutions to economic and social problems, in a dynamic and careful perspective to innovations in the economic, financial field and adaptation to climate change.
The program gives the possibility of getting a joint/double degree in a partner university.
The program, entirely taught in English, consists of three curricula:
- Economics-QEM: trains economists with a solid background in economics; this course is part of the Erasmus Mundus QEM program and welcomes many foreign students;
- Quantitative Finance and Risk Management: provides financial expertise in line with international standards in terms of content and level of preparation;
- Sustainable Finance: provides training in finance in line with international standards to integrate sustainability dimensions and seize opportunities arising from the increasing focus in finance on the impacts of climate change and the achievement of sustainable development goals.
Some courses offered:
- Behavioral Finance
- Law and Economics
- Corporate Banking and Credit Analysis
- Risk Measurement
- Financial Economics
- International Financial Regulation
As a graduate, you'll have the knowledge you need to find employment at financial institutions and to operate as a professional manager, analyst, consultant, and broker. Some of your possible career opportunities are:
- Economic Systems Specialist
- Business Economics Specialist
- Corporate Finance Analyst
- Market Regulation Specialist
- International Business and Finance Consultant
- Insurance Expert
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 7,000 to 8,000 euros a year for master's students.
These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award winner's degree. To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply can be found at the dedicated page.
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.