MSc in International Business and Management
Alliance Manchester Business School - The University of Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
GBP 30,500 / per year **
01 Jul 2024*
Earliest start date
* final application deadline. Applications received after our final selection deadline will be considered at our discretion if places are still available
** UK students per annum: £17,000 | International, including EU, students per annum: £30,500
Build up-to-the-minute knowledge of global management issues to help you make the move into the fast-paced world of international commerce. This international business and management postgraduate degree also provide you with the opportunity to apply for an international exchange to enhance your employability in the global job market.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in an organised company visit to illustrate real-life applications of international business and management concepts covered in the course.
There is also an opportunity to apply to spend an exchange semester at one of Alliance Manchester Business School's partner institutions abroad.
Course units details
During the course, you will be taking 180 credits in all. The eight taught modules during semesters one and two total 120 credits and consist of both compulsory and optional taught units.
There may also be an opportunity to study overseas during the second semester on an international exchange.
Over the summer period, you will carry out your Research Dissertation, worth 60 credits.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment across the course units varies and includes a combination of examinations, individual essays, course work and presentations. Problem-solving exercises are prepared and evaluated in groups.
A dissertation is also undertaken.
- Develop the ability to think and work across boundaries and borders - vital skills for today's globalised economy.
- Acquire valuable research and critical thinking skills to prepare for flexible strategy development and decision making under increasing complexity.
- Focus on current issues in an increasingly global and interconnected world, including company visits and interaction with those working in the industry.
- Work with renowned researchers in the fields of international management, multinational strategy, corporate social responsibility, inclusive value chains, technology transfer and sustainable development.
- Apply for an international exchange to broaden your horizons and enhance your employability in the global job market.
- Prepare for a career in the public or private sector, including careers in multinational enterprises or medium-sized enterprises.