MSc in Business Analytics: Operational Research and Risk Analysis Alliance Manchester Business School - The University of Manchester
Learn the fundamental theories, approaches and analytical toolkit of data analytics, decision sciences, applied operational research and statistics.
We run a core module on Data Analytics which will introduce students to SAS Enterprise. A coursework prize for this project will be sponsored by SAS.
Recent highlights included a case study run by Deloitte, a presentation from SAS on the Future of Analytics and ongoing dissertation projects with Unilever, CGA, Barclays and Convergys.
The course consists of both compulsory and optional taught units. The core courses unit introduce you to mathematical principles and practical tools for Optimization, Decision Making, Data Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Simulation & Risk Analysis. Specific software packages include SAS, SPSS, Excel, Excel Solver, SIMUL8, iThink, Risk Solver, IDS and Python.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment varies depending on course units taken. It may include a combination of individual coursework, group project assessment and presentations, report, assignments, in-class tests and examinations. A dissertation of around 8,000 words is normally undertaken.
- Gain a solid theoretical foundation and quantitative skills, alongside practical problem-solving techniques
- Apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios using case studies, individual and team consulting-based assignments, presentations and software tools
- Use SAS Enterprise packages as part of the `Data Analytics for Business Decision Making' unit. SAS sponsor a coursework prize for this project
- Choose from a broad range of options to meet your interests or career aspirations
- Prepare for a career in consultancy, finance, retail, manufacturing, government analytics units, defence, IT systems, outsourcing and telecoms.